Improved Help Guide

Post game suggestions for future Eras and Speed rounds.

Moderator: Moderator

dirtyrat
Player

Improved Help Guide

Post by dirtyrat »

Being a new player in this game I actually had some fun in it TODAY. Not yesterday, not last week, but today.
---
Every game has a learning curve and to overcome said curve it helps to have a helpful players guide. The only thing I have seen thus far is a guide/page that gives the very basics to each game term/function. There appears to be no guide for basic strategy. Now I was offered the chance to join into 2 alliances and i did join one of them. And my questions were answered. BUT if I don't know the correct questions to ask...lol!
Maybe just a list of fun things that players can do in here would help noobies out (and the game itself). And/or the four ( or more?) different strategies that most players use.
Shower time? NEVER!!
bLaZe-
Player

Re: Improved Help Guide

Post by bLaZe- »

Ridgerunner in TUE had written one a few ages back. You might see if he is willing to share it outside of TUE.

The challenge is the game changes and thus the strategy slightly changes every era. This is a good thing, but the maintenance of such a document would require someone perseverance. Feel free to find me and others in Discord chat if you are still looking for advice!

Edited by bon.
dirtyrat
Player

Post by dirtyrat »

Thanks for the info & the reply! I looked at your past deeds and saw you are a top level player yourself. Perhaps you should create a help guide. :)
Shower time? NEVER!!
bLaZe-
Player

Post by bLaZe- »

Thank you, kindly. I have played this game for 15 years and I certainly could write a guide. However, KOC has no prescription for success. This is why direct questions to experienced players are more favorable.

For instance, you might ask: "I am in a war and trying to grow, my stats are X,Y,Z. What do you recommend?" See, the stats and your playing style completely determine the path forward.

Also, the prescription from last era to this era will be different based on the changes. There are certain basic principles that will likely not change, but the individual strategy can be very different.

Pop into discord, you can find me there and I really enjoy helping other players out :)
dirtyrat
Player

Post by dirtyrat »

I'll pretend to be an expert & suggest your reply is not entirely true. For example I missed the fact that I couldn't re-train my spies into def/att/troops. A helpful guide could allow the thoughtful player avoid that mistake. Hm, perhaps a guide to What mistakes to avoid! is a better idea.
Shower time? NEVER!!
Danny
Player
Alliance: FF/LOP

Post by Danny »

Ive still got the KoC Companion.... I could do with some help updating it though but yeah :)

Was a good site, way back when ;) hahaha

keep threatening to work on it but yeah... life!
- Kings of Chaos Marketing Team -
- FF/LOP Sentinel -
- Tripple OG @ Trey Deuce Gang -
- Gigolo -
dirtyrat
Player

Post by dirtyrat »

Yesterday I came across a youtube video help guide. It was a little helpful (other than the constant rambling from a nutty player that created it.)
Shower time? NEVER!!