Tech Tree

Post game suggestions for future Eras and Speed rounds.

Moderator: Moderator

Governor
Player

Tech Tree

Post by Governor »

A game-elevating addition to the game could be a tech tree feature, which is a well proven games-concept.
Instead of having a flat "tech" upgrade coefficient, make a Tech Tree that has a few paths of tech.

Benefits
  • Replaces the currently dull feature of tech coefficient on ALL 4 stats (and even economic upgrades)
  • Adds another level of depth to the strategic part of the game
  • Rather than a boost on all 4 stats, you'll have to choose. This fulfills the wish of many people whishing to see a secondary bonus for races
  • Makes accounts more unique
  • Gives players more goals to work towards, which makes the game more fun

Points of care
  • Make sure there are enough branches in the tree to avoid people choosing just one tree in full depth
    Example for bankers: make some gold generating upgrades in one branch, but DA bonus in another branch
  • Make sure the tech choices for big mains aren't too easy so it just becomes a flat boost to their size/strength
  • Careful that the tech tree doesn't become "everyone do this, which is best" kinda thing where it's already planned out before an age starts (like econ is now calculated before the age even starts)

Implementation
Either on the Training page, or a new Technology page add a vertical tech tree where all upgrades are already visible.
Getting one upgrade enables the next one. All costing an increasing amount of experience.
It's important players know all options down the line of a branch. Could be done within the current look of the game without much hustle.

Ideas for tech upgrades
  • Incorporate growing gold bonusses to replace econ upgrades
  • Upgrades for individual stat coefficients
  • Upgrade for stealing ratio benefit (normal random = 70-100%, increasing the 70%)
  • Upgrade for stolen reatio benefit (same as above, but lowering the 70 when you get attacked)
  • Selling weapons repay amount (increase the 70/80% amounts slightly, or start lower at begin of age)
  • Increase officer bonus amount
  • Enabling the Safe, though I wouldn't be a fan
  • Increase Safe percentage per turn (increasing from 10%)
  • Increase turn generation
  • Increase recon/sabotage probability
  • Increase sabotage in yourself interception probability
  • Increase mercenary max (25%)
  • Increase strength vs conquests
brandonito
Player

Era Winner

Re: Tech Tree

Post by brandonito »

Hard to balance, but a very very great idea. Accounts need ways to be way more unique and this would go a long way to achieving that. Needs a LOT of thought on how to balance it.

If this ever gets green lit it would be a good idea to have a brainstorming thread for different ideas on tech paths.

There are other ways to go about it if you wanted to. i.e. 5+ pre-determined tech trees, you lock in which tree you want with your first tech, but each tech tree has different paths to choose from still. Or you can keep it more open.

This is the kind of thing the game really needs to improve rather than just shifting numbers around - I wonder if it's possible to implement with the current code and current time limitations of developers though.

another option depending on where you want to go with it would be not all weapons being unlocked from the beginning, but you can unlock more cost-efficient weapons i.e. chariots, dragonskins etc.

maybe upgrading the clicker for more clicks available, or more morale per click. lowering repair damage, upgrading the max amount you can lose in a day from sabs, upgrading the number of times you can sab someone....lots of options really depending where you want to go with it.
bloodpirate
Player

Post by bloodpirate »

and with all these options, maybe more experience ..
RVD713
Player

Post by RVD713 »

great idea! would be interesting to create some sort of game-paths for players!

i think it would be also useful if the all techs and econ upgrades were visible somewhere so people would know how to plan ahead.
fazi
Player

Post by fazi »

I don't really know if the game code allows for this.Maybe koc has to be a new game for new players and better success.
About your idea, in the current form of the game, i do not like to much specialization.Last eras rogue players were a big problem and really nothing to do about them.Slayers are still a problem.We have 4 stats in the game, but unless you war, only SA and spy matters.Is not normal for a game to require to be on 24/24 not to be robbed.But again, old game, we can suggest allot, but devs don't even tell us what can or cannot be done.
bon
Game Owner

Post by bon »

just because we do not let you know what can or cannot be done doesn't mean we do not look and read these threads.

I would prefer to see the ideas of players than kick every idea to the curb.
Endtime
Player

Post by Endtime »

Hi Governor,

Probably one of the most feasible ideas so far, i do quite like it. We will discuss the possibility of it.
MadGeorge
Game Moderator

Era Winner

Post by MadGeorge »

I am assuming this would work like you see on mobile games where you can spend Exp/Gold etc to level up each stage of the tree?

Think its definitely a good idea to give the game a unique new depth
MadGeorge-SR
Sweet Brotherhood Leader

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails
—William Arthur Ward
Fin
Player

Post by Fin »

brandonito wrote: 4 years ago Hard to balance, but a very very great idea. Accounts need ways to be way more unique and this would go a long way to achieving that. Needs a LOT of thought on how to balance it.

If this ever gets green lit it would be a good idea to have a brainstorming thread for different ideas on tech paths.

There are other ways to go about it if you wanted to. i.e. 5+ pre-determined tech trees, you lock in which tree you want with your first tech, but each tech tree has different paths to choose from still. Or you can keep it more open.

This is the kind of thing the game really needs to improve rather than just shifting numbers around - I wonder if it's possible to implement with the current code and current time limitations of developers though.

another option depending on where you want to go with it would be not all weapons being unlocked from the beginning, but you can unlock more cost-efficient weapons i.e. chariots, dragonskins etc.

maybe upgrading the clicker for more clicks available, or more morale per click. lowering repair damage, upgrading the max amount you can lose in a day from sabs, upgrading the number of times you can sab someone....lots of options really depending where you want to go with it.
Hard to balance, but isn't that way speed rounds are for? ;)

If this does become a thing it would be nice to be able to see each of the trees before the age starts so people can plan their accounts