Re: Speed Round :: Era 3.5

- 8/17/19

Moderator: Moderator

Endtime
Player

Post by Endtime »

Players,

We are now preparing for the Speed Round after Era 3, (3.5). All changes made for the Speed Round will be updated here & discussions can also be in this topic.

Benefits of the Speed Round;
Randomised TBG and Conscription additions, 5-10x TBG income. Players will no longer receive any additional resources on a whim, they will be random and controlled by none other than crontab.

This will last between 7 to 16 days - This may or may not be a ranked event ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
The forum mods will be cleaning all unnecessary comments, keep on topic and try to post positively.

Attacking, Raiding & Sabotage Changes
We have realised to some extent that raiding, besides the weapon repair damage; is still quite ineffective in regards to wars. This will be a priority change come Era 4.
The ability to raid an army that is 10x your size should have an obvious out-come.
Clicking, Morale & Trickle
Our hopes and dreams of having several players fight for the top spot has come crushing down, big TFF and the income along it has been more than originally prepared for. Trickle will be investigated to still benefit commanders but not to this extent.
  • Bon is dead set on removing trickle completely.
More will be added eventually, add your concerns but keep it on topic.
Kaya
Player

Re: Re: Speed Round :: Era 3.5

Post by Kaya »

maybe try no trickle in speed round just for a wee change see how it goes
bloodpirate
Player

Post by bloodpirate »

with no trickle or officer bonus, there will be no reason to have huge chains with many alliances in them. growth deals will be a term not used.
bon
Game Owner

Post by bon »

Sweet Revenge TheFay-SR 7,236,903 Humans ??? Gold
Rising Brotherhood TheBigCheese-RB 5,507,748 Humans ??? Gold
La Cosa Nostra TheGodFather_LaCN 4,828,505 Humans ??? Gold
Sweet Revenge HoTiX-SR 4,096,853 Humans ??? Gold

I do absolutely want to nerf trickle, maybe not completely but cmon. Can anyone here at all tell me the above ^^ looks good to them.

One month into the game we have 7m tff, 5.5m tff, 4.8m tff, 4m tff. We still have 2 months to go. If you do not see an issue with how mains are growing out of hand then either you are blind or believe that alliances should rule the game completely.

There are ways that alliances could work together to try and catch TheFay-SR but being the realistic person I am cannot see it happening.

Now before you all jump on me I have to look at what is good for the game not just what is good for alliances, we cannot keep new players joining the game nor expect them to want to stick around when totally obscene player tffs exists.

Sure its partly my fault in how trickle is but it does not mean I have to keep it the way it is. But losing or adjusting how trickle works isnt the end of the world.
bloodpirate
Player

Post by bloodpirate »

i agree .. it would be great to see the large chains fall apart. into their numerous smaller alliances. but they would swallow them up, since not all alliances have scripts. the alliances with good scripts would grow still. those like fod without a script would stay small. how many alliances have their own scripts now? they would stay big (in numbers). with small tff s .. there would be small tbg .. there would be more crappy slaying, and more people approved by said big alliances. the reason big alliances have bf policies, is too many people follow them. i think no trickle would be good. numerous people with the same tbg. he who banks the most and can scare people into not attacking him/her, is the winner? along with sells. hehe

here is where the mains can excel. by getting sells. people save gold in safe, and when main needs an upgrade, he gets it from a sell. the faster mains get sells, the faster they will grow, just by getting conscription faster. by getting all upgrades faster

now mains don't even have to be inchain. no member has to be inchain, they can still share scripts and give sells, etc. no one even has to have an alliance tag. attack the wrong person, boom ... all these people raid/sab you, and you don't know who all to fight back, except those you see in your logs. complete chaos.
Plurp
Player

Post by Plurp »

I am newly back into the game, but I understand what you are getting at Bon, sounds like maybe the trickle up should just come down in increments, like next age reduce it by say 25% then the next another 25%. Until it goes to a point you feel good about it. Or maybe it more dynamic like officer bonuses were (i know you weren't happy about those either) something in that vein where there are diminishing returns. but please don't nerf clicking, its the main thing that made me come back, knowing I could grow bigger than I ever could back in the single digit Ages. Just a retro-newbs limited outlook.
Endtime
Player

Post by Endtime »

bloodpirate wrote: 4 years ago Those like fod without a script would stay small.
Ballshit.
bloodpirate
Player

Post by bloodpirate »

Endtime wrote: 4 years ago
bloodpirate wrote: 4 years ago Those like fod without a script would stay small.
Ballshit.
so .. what are you saying? great statement, sounds like something TA- would say to me. and never explain anything. not sure what you don't believe. we are an alliance of 14 people. is that not small? we have no script of our own. i use lacn script to click with. so technically we have no script. keep up the great work.
bon
Game Owner

Post by bon »

bloodpirate wrote: 4 years ago
Endtime wrote: 4 years ago
Ballshit.
so .. what are you saying? great statement, sounds like something TA- would say to me. and never explain anything. not sure what you don't believe. we are an alliance of 14 people. is that not small? we have no script of our own. i use lacn script to click with. so technically we have no script. keep up the great work.
Why don’t you have a script? Why don’t you have a clicker?

You had a clicker and script up until ownership of the game changed. So what has changed that you do not have a script now?
Gribley
Player

Post by Gribley »

I want to comment on game play, specifically Trickle. I believe it should absolutely be removed. The game is called KingsofChaos, but it's not chaotic at all. On day 2 you know 1 of 3 accounts will win with 99.9% certainty.. that's not choas. Imagine if instead of the top 3 people in the game were competing for the #1 spot the top 100 were? If the top 500 were? What if your success was based on what you clicked and how you managed your own account and not what someone's officers did? Could you imagine the end of an age/era with 100+ similar sized accounts fighting for that #1? Then this game might live up to it's name CHOAS.

How many people want to join a game where they have 0% chance at winning? "Oh but if you join our alliance you can help someone in it win that's the same right!?" Nope. This sucks. Some people may take pride in that, that's fine, but most people are not going to commit to a game that is set up like that.

I've played half a dozen ages for a 2-4 months each time. I end up quitting every time, eventually I get tired of maxing my clicks every day and still being millions behind the leaders. Being an officer whose purpose is to help someone else to win doesn't appeal to me either (and I'm guessing most people feel the same).

At some point someone must have thought "Hey if we make officers give bigger armies/stats to their commanders, the commanders will recruit more players for our game!" Only problem is that now you can't win or even seriously compete without having the largest or near largest officer-trickle. In doing so removing much of the competition from the game. So those people recruited to the game for the purpose of helping someone else win/compete stick around for shorter and shorter spans(who could blame them) and the vets who can no longer compete leave as well. It's almost like KoC turned into a MLM scheme and the only people who benefit are the people at the very top. Great for them, but sucks for the rest us and the Game as a whole.

Scripts, in-game help, sabby sabby and general comradery will be plenty to keep alliances relevant.