good work

No Place Like Home

Moderator: Moderator

bloodpirate
Player

good work

Post by bloodpirate »

i am glad you figured out a way to make each page take 15 seconds longer to load.
supadupa
Player
Alliance: Rising Brotherhood

Re: good work

Post by supadupa »

Have you tried clearing your cache ?
Have you tried disabling your scripts ?

Page load speed is still instant for me. Maybe check your cache/remove scripts/addons or improve your internet speed.
Squishy
Forum Moderator
Alliance: FFLOP

Post by Squishy »

the site is running with ads again that is the cause for the increased load time, is anybody else having a large increases on load time?

everybody who gave feedback earlier barley noticed a difference so trying to see what the percentage of those who had large increases.
BabyYoda_LoP
- Lords of Peril Knight at Arms & FFLOP BF Mod
- Triple OG for Trey Duece Gang
- KoC Social Platforms Moderator & HelpDesk
- Member of KoC Complaints Department

bon
Game Owner

Post by bon »

Not having an issue at all and i have ADSL2+ which is crap Aussie internet and the pages are still loading fast as before.
bloodpirate
Player

Post by bloodpirate »

it takes about 8 to 15 seconds for the little line in the box to type number in for recruiter. other pages take less time to be able to use. and great advice on clearing cache and getting rid of scripts/add ons/etc. i will send you the bill for increased internet speed. oh year, i wasn't running scripts, and i like my greasemonkey and tampermonkey and my snaplink add on .. so will keep them.
supadupa
Player
Alliance: Rising Brotherhood

Post by supadupa »

bloodpirate wrote: 4 years ago it takes about 8 to 15 seconds for the little line in the box to type number in for recruiter. other pages take less time to be able to use. and great advice on clearing cache and getting rid of scripts/add ons/etc. i will send you the bill for increased internet speed. oh year, i wasn't running scripts, and i like my greasemonkey and tampermonkey and my snaplink add on .. so will keep them.
In your OP, you stated pages take 15 seconds longer to load, now you say it's 8 to 15 seconds and other pages less.
Was offering advice on troubleshooting as something must be conflicting to cause slower page loads for you.

Sure send me your bill for your increased internet speed, will happily pay your $ amount in Zim $'s, but you need to come fetch.
^^ See Sarcasm in Italics else people might get the impression you are just being grumpy.

Good luck and hope you come right!
Screwy
Player

Post by Screwy »

Im using uBlock and Ghostery so it loads still fast. when I check koc on phone it's ugly AF cause it has an Ad on every corner like Im playing Kings Of Ads wow :D but I have to agree that the load speed is not that different, just annoying for the eyes
bon
Game Owner

Post by bon »

The only obtrusive ad is the one that pops down from the top on the mobile, I have removed all auto ads which is the top drop down but it hasn’t removed it as yet.

The other 3 ads are placed where it does not affect the game and I have no issues with them on my mobile.

We have not had ads on the site for 4 weeks and really need the revenue at this point in time, we will review the ads soon as possible to look at which ones to keep.

The site is still fast it’s just the recruiter that has been slowed down because of the loading of the ads but if you open multiple tabs you can click without the loading time being a worry.
bloodpirate
Player

Post by bloodpirate »

i was amazed at how much faster the recruit page worked without ads. so to those that say ads don't slow down the loading of the page.....
bon
Game Owner

Post by bon »

The recruiter slowed down as it had to fetch the image then fetch the 3 ads before the cursor would be usable.

Ads have been removed from the clicker for now we are running another 24hr test period.