Page 2 of 3

Concerns about officer bonus change - Era 3

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:04 am
by bon
Nowhere has it been stated after you reach 10 officers you receive no bonus at all, I have even stated that we would never reduce it to where you receive no bonus at all.

The OP has taken it upon himself to say that the bonus goes down to 0. FYI it doesn't, so when the new era begins it will be announced or I might just let those that get the 10 officers post it.

Also to be fair, the bonus really should be directed towards bring players into the game, mains, others that play have recruited in previous ages/eras and well you received a pretty decent bonus and also trickle. We are trying something different for 1 era, we will see how it pans out and what alliances do throughout the era. If it doesn't look good in the long run we will look at other options.

Concerns about officer bonus change - Era 3

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:10 am
by Err
tldr; mains get less bonus, good change

Concerns about officer bonus change - Era 3

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:15 am
by brandonito
bon wrote:
7 months ago
Nowhere has it been stated after you reach 10 officers you receive no bonus at all, I have even stated that we would never reduce it to where you receive no bonus at all.

The OP has taken it upon himself to say that the bonus goes down to 0. FYI it doesn't, so when the new era begins it will be announced or I might just let those that get the 10 officers post it.

Also to be fair, the bonus really should be directed towards bring players into the game, mains, others that play have recruited in previous ages/eras and well you received a pretty decent bonus and also trickle. We are trying something different for 1 era, we will see how it pans out and what alliances do throughout the era. If it doesn't look good in the long run we will look at other options.
Within my post I also stated that it might not go down all the way to 1.0 and that we didn't know yet.

However, the point is you're punished for recruiting past 1 officer. Whether it goes all the way down to 1.0 or 1.15 or whatever, that doesn't change my point.

Concerns about officer bonus change - Era 3

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:25 pm
by TheFay
brandonito wrote:
7 months ago
bon wrote:
7 months ago
Nowhere has it been stated after you reach 10 officers you receive no bonus at all, I have even stated that we would never reduce it to where you receive no bonus at all.

The OP has taken it upon himself to say that the bonus goes down to 0. FYI it doesn't, so when the new era begins it will be announced or I might just let those that get the 10 officers post it.

Also to be fair, the bonus really should be directed towards bring players into the game, mains, others that play have recruited in previous ages/eras and well you received a pretty decent bonus and also trickle. We are trying something different for 1 era, we will see how it pans out and what alliances do throughout the era. If it doesn't look good in the long run we will look at other options.
Within my post I also stated that it might not go down all the way to 1.0 and that we didn't know yet.

However, the point is you're punished for recruiting past 1 officer. Whether it goes all the way down to 1.0 or 1.15 or whatever, that doesn't change my point.
If,as you say, bonus should be directed to new players, why would new players recruit their friends into the game if their bonus decays once they have new officers?

Concerns about officer bonus change - Era 3

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:29 pm
by VibrioWolf
Are we all forgetting that the bonus of having officers is also the fact that you grow like mad? Or why else is it that alliance mains have always had more than 15 officers, even if the bonus stopped there?

Concerns about officer bonus change - Era 3

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:31 pm
by bon
If it helps the player that wouldnt think of recruiting actually giving it a go to get themselves a bonus im happy to help those out and give them a bonus for it. Those that rely on officers that are there every era and dont bother to recruit do not deserve the extra bonus at all.

My intentions are to try and give an incentive to those that would not normally recruit to try and get new blood into the game. You are a bit different because you recruit constantly but im not going to base a bonus for those that constantly have more than 10 officers nor am i going to single you out with your own bonus.

Those that recruit already get a huge bonus from trickle and would also benefit more if the decreased bonus stayed the same, regardless I am trying something different out this era. If it doesnt work then ill look at other avenues but as far as im concerned im happy to leave it as it is.

Concerns about officer bonus change - Era 3

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:05 pm
by brandonito
VibrioWolf wrote:
7 months ago
Are we all forgetting that the bonus of having officers is also the fact that you grow like mad? Or why else is it that alliance mains have always had more than 15 officers, even if the bonus stopped there?
Not every officer clicks. Not every officer keeps clicking. Not everybody wants the extra TFF from having an officer but still want to recruit friends. Not every officer will be under you for the whole age - or long enough for those clicks to pay off for a ~5-10% stat boost loss. Because trickle goes up more than 1 spot many trickle accounts will get to take advantage of full officer bonus AND high TFF with no punishment while people who actively try to recruit for themselves will suffer 4+ months of a 45-60%+ weaker account.

Concerns about officer bonus change - Era 3

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:19 pm
by King_Caulk
The only difference is it will take a few more sells to bring the chain main up to the point where no one can farm him/her. The most organized will be the victor. As always.

Concerns about officer bonus change - Era 3

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:22 pm
by brandonito
bon wrote:
7 months ago
If it helps the player that wouldnt think of recruiting actually giving it a go to get themselves a bonus im happy to help those out and give them a bonus for it. Those that rely on officers that are there every era and dont bother to recruit do not deserve the extra bonus at all.

My intentions are to try and give an incentive to those that would not normally recruit to try and get new blood into the game. You are a bit different because you recruit constantly but im not going to base a bonus for those that constantly have more than 10 officers nor am i going to single you out with your own bonus.

Those that recruit already get a huge bonus from trickle and would also benefit more if the decreased bonus stayed the same, regardless I am trying something different out this era. If it doesnt work then ill look at other avenues but as far as im concerned im happy to leave it as it is.
But it's not going to give an incentive to those that would normally not recruit to try and get new blood into the game. It's going to make them ask one existing player to join under them and then they're going to get a 60% bonus for the rest of the age for doing nothing...

And while before it was only a few people able to get officer bonus from having existing players join them (i.e. 1 main from each alliance), since you only need 1 existing player rather than 5-10 for full bonus way more people are going to "abuse" officer bonus by using existing players rather than new players.

The people that actually might want to recruit and bring new blood into the game are going to look at how officer bonus works and decide it's no longer worth the effort to do so because they will end up with a weaker account.

Concerns about officer bonus change - Era 3

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:29 pm
by Jackdaw
The main complain seems to be that people only recruit because they get a bonus, not that they benefit from a trickle of recruiting. That would imply they are recruiting people who really only need to sign in once a day and play no other active part other than provide bonus. Though that's probably wild speculation on my part.

Would be an interesting idea though if an officer who wasn't progressing but just signing in could cause a negative bonus for the commander.

Maybe just play this era and see how it pans out. Maybe even recruit and get those new players as officers of other people in your alliance.