why

Post game suggestions for future Eras and Speed rounds.

Moderator: Moderator

bloodpirate
Player

why

Post by bloodpirate »

By clicking the Agree button you acknowledge and accept that this site can read and store some personal information about yourself automatically, like your IP address, browser and operating system name and version and cookies. If and when you fill out any web forms on this site, you might be asked to enter your name, email, address and other personal data - depending on the subject of these forms. Please note that it is up to you to share this information with us or not.

you don't need all that info just so i can play koc !!! if you do, why?

if i don't click the agree button, i guess i will be seeing that POPUP on every page

i will not click the agree button. next you will be asking the name of my favorite pet, mothers maiden name, mailing address and other personal data that can be used to track me. you will eventually be able to steal my identity.
Rolz
Game Developer

Re: why

Post by Rolz »

Sorry it was the generic message generated. I have since removed the irrelevent information. Please confirm if it's acceptable now

Thank you
~Rolz
bloodpirate
Player

Post by bloodpirate »

By clicking the Agree button you acknowledge and accept that this site can read and store some personal information about yourself automatically, like your IP address, browser and operating system name and version and cookies.

i am still not sure why you need all that info .. cookies are obvious. ip address is a must also .. but why do you need to know my browser or opreating system?? i might use numerous computers and phones for instance.
LordCounter
Player

Post by LordCounter »

are you proposing they make this website comply to EU law? what are you, a communist? shame on you
6 hours ago ButtPirate attack 168,037,599 Gold stolen
6 hours ago ButtPirate raid 24,005,371 Gold stolen
7 hours ago ButtPirate attack 154,331,713 Gold stolen
7 hours ago ButtPirate raid 21,263,512 Gold stolen
bloodpirate
Player

Post by bloodpirate »

i know nothing about EU law .. how will this data be stored? who all will have access to it?
LordCounter
Player

Post by LordCounter »

well ok it's actually a valid question

The EU Cookie Legislation requires 4 actions from website owners who use cookies:

When someone visits your website, you need to let them know that your site uses cookies.
You need to provide detailed information regarding how that cookie data will be utilized.
You need to provide visitors with some means of accepting or refusing the use of cookies in your site.
If they refuse, you need to ensure that cookies will not be placed on their machine.
6 hours ago ButtPirate attack 168,037,599 Gold stolen
6 hours ago ButtPirate raid 24,005,371 Gold stolen
7 hours ago ButtPirate attack 154,331,713 Gold stolen
7 hours ago ButtPirate raid 21,263,512 Gold stolen
bloodpirate
Player

Post by bloodpirate »

fare enough .. but why .. browser and operating system name and version
bon
Game Owner

Post by bon »

Every site you visit stores that information including browser/device/system information.

No one has access to it other than myself and rolz. While we utilize checking IPs for admin purposes browser/device/system information also helps us with detection methods.
bloodpirate
Player

Post by bloodpirate »

By clicking the Agree button you acknowledge and accept that this site can read and store some personal information about yourself automatically, like your IP address, browser and operating system name and version and cookies.

what else besides my IP address, browser and operating system name and version and cookies.

do you gather ..

it does say personal information about yourself like .. that stuff, not just that stuff.

the thing is, you can gather all that stuff anyways .. without me clicking the accept button. so whats with all the drama all of a sudden .. because of the EU?
Rolz
Game Developer

Post by Rolz »

It's law. We have to comply if we serve europe.

afaik we have our hands tied, i don't like it either

~Rolz