Ignore Button Boost

Post game suggestions for future Eras and Speed rounds.

Moderator: Moderator

dirtyrat
Player

Ignore Button Boost

Post by dirtyrat »

Create a new button to allow the player to choose to ignore ALL other players. Otherwise one must click ignore on 100's of players.
----
My reasoning (MY RANT)
1. I am sick and tired of "everyone" else in here;
A. Trying to recruit me to join their alliance. Sometimes I'll have 3-4 players from a SINGLE alliance pming me.
B. Whining - over and over again. "Why are you hitting me for this low amount of gold?" "Why did you raid me?" And so on.
C. Expecting a nice pm. It sometimes happens (= rarely). Otherwise I would just totally ignore the;" You have 5 pms in your inbox" message.
---
And I SEE other solo players in this game. Did they have to go through this as well? This game (and many of it's players) is telling me it doesn't like solo players AND it allows unlimited pms being sent to you (just to annoy you to death). I have maybe 2-3 players that i can talk to through the pms.
----
PS: Presently I have been sabbed around 30 times. This tells me I'm not highly liked - and/or - I'm not playing my game well enough (by hitting others with puny attacks). Again I say; this game does not like new players or those who don't join alliances. So why not at least give us noobs some protection from unwanted vast pms? Is that too much to ask??????????????????????????????????
---
---
EDIT: Well what do you know - someone else put ME on ignore. My wishes are coming true even without admin support.
--
Another way/suggestion is to allow each player to put up a brief history ("I wish to be solo blah etc.) that pops up whenever another player wishes to pm.
Shower time? NEVER!!
bon
Game Owner

Re: Ignore Button Boost

Post by bon »

If you don't want to receive messages, don't read them. You can set someone to ignore if you wish.

There used to be a message box that players could put messages in for other players to see, unfortunately players decided to use that information box to dictate what could or couldn't be done to them and it was not good for the game and as such was removed.

Can understand you not wanting to be in an alliance, but a lot of the fun in this game is talking to other players. The community is what keeps a lot of the players here, which is why I have stated a few times you should jump on discord.

Players will get to know you and then you will not receive as many messages as you claim to receive. Plus you can discuss changes and additions for future Eras, and can see what has been suggested already.

Plus you get to see me trolling players constantly about what I will put in and what I will remove.
giftig
Player

Post by giftig »

dirtyrat wrote: 4 years ago
And I SEE other solo players in this game. Did they have to go through this as well? This game (and many of it's players) is telling me it doesn't like solo players AND it allows unlimited pms being sent to you (just to annoy you to death). I have maybe 2-3 players that i can talk to through the pms.
----
LOLL

There is a very easy solution:
Don't check your inbox.

Once it fills up with all the unwanted spam messages, future senders get 'mailbox full' error message.

Been using that tactic for a few years already, works a treat :)

No need for a polite response to recruitment messages, cos you've not seen them.
If you wanted to join a clan, you would have done that already.
If you prefer to be a solo player, your business, not theirs, and no amount of nagging from every clan member in the game is going to change that.

If you want chit-chat with your mates, do it on messenger, or on this forum or anywhere you like - just not using the KoC inbox.

Problem solved - somebody give me a gold star ;)
dirtyrat
Player

Post by dirtyrat »

It has been driven into my head that there is a community - and discord is where all the fun is. But does everyone has the TIME for that? hell no. Is everyone retired in here? Or do they sneak into the bathroom to play game and cheat their boss?
---
NOW if there was a chat IN the game it would be almost impossible for me not to chat. But I'm not going to open yet another window while I may have 1-2 windows open to this game already. OK maybe a ignore a particular alliance button..?
Anyway I give up on this idea.
Shower time? NEVER!!
bloodpirate
Player

Post by bloodpirate »

i seem to recall somewhere that you could only have 25 people in each buddy group .. is there more now, because, if it was like the old days, you can ignore only 25 people..
dirtyrat
Player

Post by dirtyrat »

That is a very interesting game history story. Bon? Is this still true or not?
----
Another suggestion (on same idea) is to allow a player to ignore ALL EXCEPT his buddy list by clicking some newly created button. I do lie to pm a few players (and receive them as well).
Shower time? NEVER!!