Some ideas for future ages

Post game suggestions for future Eras and Speed rounds.

Moderator: Moderator

SpNk
Player

Some ideas for future ages

Post by SpNk »

Hi All,

I been in this game on and off since age 2 beta (decades ago), and this is probably my first post on KOC forum lol (don't remember actually, but usually I'm not a forum man).

I had mentioned some of ideas on discord, but will post here as well.

1. Economy upgrade to be a multiplier instead of fixed value.
Reasoning:
Basically, more powerful economy upgrade could open new ways of playing.
For example, players could gain gold without needing to have large TFF, this would potential open new tactics and so on. For example, being able to sustain sabbed values without being large in army size and etc.

This upgrade's value is directly connected to how much clicking gives. For example, Era6 econ was quite powerful, but Era7, clicking has overridden it and it's useless now.

2. Cheaper weapons - more powerful.
Reasoning:
More soldiers - more cheap weapons - more power.

These things could bring more "chaos" as this game is called.

3. More upgrades.
Reasoning:
With "current" setup, there are too few upgrades (SA/DA/SPY/SENTRY). 1 month into game and 80% of active players will have all upgrades done. With no mores upgrades it becomes quite boring.

4. (more) EXP
Reasoning:
With current length of age and EXP setup, there is no way to get all upgrades that are available using EXP. So basically, this should be revisited, or again, this could make sense with ECONOMY upgrade being more powerful, then one could choose compensate with more weapons over tech upgrades.

5. Depositing gold.
Reasoning:
Ability to add gold to safe. With for example - 5% deduction from the deposited amount. I think there is no need to elaborate here more.

6. New bonuses for officers:
Reasoning:
Current bonus is UP only, and it becomes almost useless 1month into age. Basically, early in the age it's nice, later on - not much of it.
Officers could receive some kind of bonus depending on commander's race (potentially new bonus to be added to each race that contributes to officers). Again, could bring new tactics when war is ongoing and so on.

7. New type of upgrade that would reduce economy and technology upgrade cost.
Reasoning:
Opens additional ways to play KOC.

8. Clicking multiplier upgrade.
Reasoning:
With constant 1click=10 soldiers it might become boring. Could bring versatility to the game once again.

9. Compensation
Reasoning:
I forgot to bank while writing this post and was attacked.
dirtyrat
Player

Re: Some ideas for future ages

Post by dirtyrat »

You call that "some" ideas? Lol..
I am a new player so some of your ideas are lost on me. (But some are not.)
--
5. I like that one IF there is a turn requirement; say 50 turns to deposit current available gold.
--
9. A function that allows you to buy insurance against theft? Lol sure. Cost xx turns - but only while you are logged into the game AND you only get back xx% of "lost" gold.
--
4. More exp pts gained. I like this one BUT isn't one point of the game STRATEGY? Doing things without having it ALL? Maybe I spend my exp pts unwisely while another game vet uses his/hers quite well = a good game to play. But a game that EVERYONE enjoys all the perks because exp is plentiful = boring game; *yawn*.
--
3. "Game becomes boring.." Maybe to YOU. But my guess is that everyone else is enjoying a different kind of game - once everyone buys 80%+ of their upgrades. More required strategy, more luck, more alliance play, more time in game, etc. Instead what you are suggesting is more time in "school". Might as well transform this into a education game instead of a warring type game.
---
8. Are suggesting something like: "1 click = 10 soldiers, 2 clicks = 12 soldiers, 3 clicks = 15, etc."? I agree with this because a game that requires anyone to spend 30+ mins just clicking mystery numbers is a sad thing to spends ones time on. (PS I am currently down to under 1000 morale because my logical minds says that this is silly to spend ones limited on. I don't care if it is a legendary code of the past. It really suxs to us more commonsense people.)
--
7. Wow this isn't your birthday you know? You are asking a lot here. (Or so I think.)
--
6. Is beyond my game exp but I will try anyway. Is this a game that insists on allied play or can it be both allied and solo play? I think what you are suggesting would be bad for those who wish to play solo. I am currently shocked that I am seeing solo players playing so well. So why destroy THEIR fun by insisting on (more?) unfair advantages to alliance minded players? Again I am not the game owner nor am I a game vet. BUT the current battleground suggests that this is a FUN game for both solo and allied players to enjoy.
--
1. Almost totally lost on me (because I am new). But I think you are suggesting to throw a 'monkey wrench' into a game that is already nicely oiled. Beware - do not screw up the game mechanics or else we all will have a mess on our hands..
--
2. I had to re-read this several times to understand. So you are suggesting that the lower cost(?) weapons should become more deadly? I would suggest THIS game code instead; "If ALL your soldiers have weapons to use you then gain a 5% attack bonus when attacking others." Personally I think it is silly that unarmed soldiers go into warfare. So I always try to equip them with at least knives or else if I feel like a bad ruler to my people. To me this isn't a words/numbers game. Instead I enjoy the fantasy aspect of it. My bet is everyone else here has lost that 'fantasy' a long time ago. (Insult to all other players!!!;D
Shower time? NEVER!!
Elstar
Player

Post by Elstar »

nice ideas!

I like

1 -> gives another dynamic in the game!

not for me, but would be nice for some other players and havce a more diverse playground that wa

with 3 the game keeps it interesting for longer, but on the other hand, it's just more of the same with bigger numbers

and 5, well too easy, you can bank already with -20% buying weapons...
bloodpirate
Player

Post by bloodpirate »

on the stats page .. put how much a person has had sabbed from them .... total lost to sabotage
bloodpirate
Player

Post by bloodpirate »

have a little box for notes .. seen by you only .. for each person. it was there once, but gone now. it is really good for us who don't use a script
bon
Game Owner

Post by bon »

Fixed the notes box issue, it is now back on a players stats page. you can once again add your own information on a player that you can use for future reference.
Boss
Player

Post by Boss »

How about 1 day per age where people dont have a clicking limit. Let the people go ham for 24 hours.
bon
Game Owner

Post by bon »

Boss wrote: 3 years ago How about 1 day per age where people dont have a clicking limit. Let the people go ham for 24 hours.
Would have to be a designated day where all players had the ability to click without a limit. Probably not a possibility as too many will complain as they already complain about clicking the amount of clicks available now.

Seems players do not want the ability to out grow others by clicking more.
bloodpirate
Player

Post by bloodpirate »

i think i mentioned this before, how about an era with unlimited race changes. the beta we played "back in the day" was one of the most fun i ever played.
tatertot
Player

Post by tatertot »

ok so the idea of these changes are to make the game more competitive for more players
I know it would be difficult to set up but bear with me here .....

Limit the number of officers a player can have to 5 ( each of those 5 could have 5 - etc )
limit the trickle up to roughly 1/5 of the conscrip down or get rid of both or
trickle moves only one level

Basically keeping many more players in the same tff zone
sells would be distributed to more players - what good are weapons if you dont have the soldiers to hold them
more strategy and less mega accounts that become untouchable
more competitive for smaller clans and solo players

the back bone of the game has always been the middle management grunts that do the clicking - generate the gold - give the sells
and normally take the most damage during war - time to throw em a bone.

As it stands now we have the same clans fighting the same war over and over as everyone else just feeds the machine.
just looking to create a more level and competitive playing field