Era 4 - Trade Returns

Post game suggestions for future Eras and Speed rounds.

Moderator: Moderator

Endtime
Player

Era 4 - Trade Returns

Post by Endtime »

As the topic states, the trade function will be returning.
trade.PNG
trade.PNG (22.44 KiB) Viewed 18019 times
Players would need to keep in mind the following when Trade is in the game, live;
  • As the game progresses, more options will be added for the current selection of trades.
  • The trade values will only be raised once per month, depending on experience averages through all the active player list.
  • You will not be able to trade with other players.
The Trade System will be an on-going evolutionary scope of the game, once the game has reset for a new era more trade selections will be added and the values returned to default.

This is your only chance to have an opinion of the current base values and trade selections, this will be tested in the Speed Round.

~ET
Spiderwoman_LaCN
Donor

Re: Era 4 - Trade Returns

Post by Spiderwoman_LaCN »

Nice idea but I want the experience not more turns or morale. As this Era we didn't have enough time to get all the experience we needed to get all the tech levels even. I for one won't use this.

Spiderwoman aka Kokyanwuhti in Hopi, creator & weaver of life, the great teacher, sacred guardian, overseeing the welfare of all those in need to southwestern Native American cultures.
noga
Player

Post by noga »

It would be nice to add the ability to trade turns or morale for XP as well. As it is very difficult to max out the techs or eco upgrades as it is.
brandonito
Player

Era Winner

Post by brandonito »

I said this on discord, but for clarity: if morale still gives trickle, exp needs to be traded for UNTRAINED SOLDIERS, not MORALE, or it will get abused. Assuming this is the case:

the exp : morale ratio is very low. as an example, with econ, you can spend 153,300 cumulative experience to get 457,800 gold per minute (imperial), which is the equivalent of 228,900 soldiers income, but with trading 153,300 exp for soldiers you only get 45,990 soldiers, and with the trading feature you get the downside of having more TFF which hurts slaying. Needs to be at least ~7x better.

The exp : turn ratio on the other hand is too high. You can trade 170 experience for 80 turns (2.125:1 ratio). You can get 186.667 exp from 80 turns attacking. So basically people can infinitely trade exp for turns, spend turns, trade for more turns....not good.

IMO it should be something like 400-500 exp for 100 turns (4 or 5:1 ratio). If somebody wants to give up exp for more turns (to raid more in a war, to slay more gold, whatever) they should have to give up experience to do it.

There was also a good idea posted in the past about trading turns for a race change.
bloodpirate
Player

Post by bloodpirate »

i want experience. if you traded exp for turns, and got more exp than you traded from those turns, it would be good.

say you traded 100 exp for turns, used those turns and got 200 exp..
brandonito
Player

Era Winner

Post by brandonito »

It wouldn't be good, because that just means everybody gets infinite experience and turns lol...
Endtime
Player

Post by Endtime »

I will be happy enough to add the following to that list;
  • Turns for EXP
  • Morale for EXP or Untrained Soldiers for both EXP and Turns
The Race change and Commander change was an option previously on my list, i will look further into this.
Neophyte
Player

Post by Neophyte »

Exciting, will this feature be paired with increased experience? To make the option of picking up soldiers viable I think it would have to be decreased in experience or increased in amount. But its a math thing, lets try it and see how it goes :)
A1 since Day 1..
.. for Rez and Wes. Never forgotten.
Spoiler
Show
[23:54] TheBigCheese-RB: if it were up to me we would've leveled your entire alliance already
bon
Game Owner

Post by bon »

The trade section will be looked at.

While we have given you a sneak peak of what is likely to be added it ofcourse is not final until Era 4 starts.
AlmostRambo
Player
Alliance: The Silent Hood

Post by AlmostRambo »

brandonito wrote: 4 years ago The exp : turn ratio on the other hand is too high. You can trade 170 experience for 80 turns (2.125:1 ratio). You can get 186.667 exp from 80 turns attacking. So basically people can infinitely trade exp for turns, spend turns, trade for more turns....not good.
I more or less agree with everything brandonito said but this. This is reigned in by the cap of 35 attacks per Day. With that limit, you can calculate from the start of the Age how many turns you can get by the end of it. We already know the max attacks you get from minute one until the end, this doesn't change that, it just gets you to that max number faster. You can have 1,000,000 Turns, but you'll never use them all with the cap set.

This Trade favors more aggressive players who like to attack early and often. I think it's probably fine as is. It would be cool to have a Defensive player's parallel to trade though. Some of us (me) picked Dwarves or Undead (my Commander) because we didn't think we'd have much time for a game we just rediscovered 15 years later is still alive. :D