What are your thoughts about the speedround?

Holy Crap!!! That was fast!!

Moderator: Moderator

bloodpirate
Player

Post by bloodpirate »

well, going from zero exp for raids to 5k exp then back to zero.

getting exp and 40k turns and soldiers each day then zero.

the extra stuff each "day" but it is only hours and random.

makes the game kind of unpredictable.
King_Richard_TUE
Player

Post by King_Richard_TUE »

I have enjoyed it, even though I have missed every gold rush xD

Excellent work to the admins, and thank you guys!
King_Caulk
Player

Post by King_Caulk »

Well last 24h I spent 226 attacks tediously getting 320,591,767,845 gold (over 1.4bn average hit thanks to catching a 76bn sell). But apparently, without me knowing about it, sab limit is like 1/4 your net worth or whatever so Lost From Sabbing Today 233,971,000,000 ..... From one player sabbing me.

Sure would be nice to know about such a thing without having to be a server-whisperer. Because the speed era info page on the front page says you need 12 players to max a target.

What a dog-egg waste of time.

---
To be clear, I'm annoyed at the lack of info on what the sab situation is, seems like that should be in the armory somewhere, "Your enemy needs this much spy to have a decent chance to sab you, and this is how much net worth they can potentially sab you per player per day (and how many players can do that)". Feel like I flew into restricted airspace with a tediously self-engineered and built aircraft, and got shot down and then told it was classified that it was restricted airspace.
Last edited by Squishy 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: combining double post
Jank
Player

Post by Jank »

>Holy Moses

4 minutes ago VCanerV attack 1,207,493,627,967,300 Gold stolen
bon
Game Owner

Post by bon »

Check the main page news it has been updated.
Teumessian
Player

Post by Teumessian »

It was awesome until someone decided to make it unlimited sabbing so people who'd be playing all week have zero accounts. BS

Lost From Sabbing Today 1,314,282,089,000,000 !!

i play this game 2 year and this is the singular worst thing done to it. its a travesty not even worth playing when you give unlimted sabbing and then revoking it.

you could have put a 13 year old kid on a laptop in charge of kingsofchaos and had better results.
Last edited by Squishy 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: combining the triple post, please use edit next time.
King_Caulk
Player

Post by King_Caulk »

From the term "Speed Era" I expected a pretty normal game except the starting conditions and some more turns, except quickly over one week. Like Speed Chess is just normal chess that happens quickly. Speed chess being fun precisely because you can have many games in a short time-frame instead of one game per day.

So I expected a whole 3 month era of activity to take place in 1 week, being fun because we'll start over after that week so if you don't get the rank you want you can try again quickly and if you DO get the rank you want, you can get that achievement feeling in 1 week instead of 3 months.

Instead what was meant by "Speed Era" was "Testing Era where we will randomly change the conditions so that all your previous actions are no longer relevant".

I think I'd have more fun in this era if this distinction was made.
bon
Game Owner

Post by bon »

Well really not sure how everyone thought this would be a serious speed round when everyone was begging admins for gold rushes and more turns because they ran out.

Anyway the next Speed Round will be more controlled and requests for gold rushes and extra turns wont happen.

We do appreciate all the feedback and players taking the time to test different aspects of gameplay and giving feedback on what they thought worked and what didnt, sure the feedback regarding unlimited sabbs was what we expected but it had to be done.
giftig
Player

Post by giftig »

I particularly liked to be able to change race ..... was it 100 times? Something like that - gave us all the chance to experience what our accounts looked like playing the various races.

And being able to max out on everything was a treat.

It was a bit chaotic, with sudden gifts of ATs and TFF - and just when you think it will continue, it stops dead so if you have trained down, used all your ATs and expect a top up, you miss out and end up a spectator for 24 hours because the recruiter wasn't available.

So that was a downer for those affected.

But when a gold rush hit, up went the enthusiasm to get going again loll

I agree that the sabbing option was rather extreme, so maybe that could be looked at?

Had there been controlled gold rushes to compensate, allowing players to replenish what had been destroyed, it may have eased a lot of pain. Destroying another account may be fun for some, but it sucks the enthusiasm and will to live out of the victim. (Shades of rogue players in a previous age ..... )

Other than that, I enjoyed it immensely.

For pure fun value - it would have been brilliant to have a double-whammy gold rush at the start of the last hour of the Speed Round today to help us replenish what had been lost to sabbers before the timer ran down. Nothing like a last minute rush to get the heart pumping :)

There is a mention here of 'the next speed round' - not sure how everyone else feels about that, but I am hoping that will be some way off. It was great fun for a week, and whilst I understand the importance of testing new options, weekly Speed Rounds are not what I would, or even could commit to on a too-regular basis.

I think many players would prefer 3 month/6 month/9 month ages/eras to build accounts.

Just my 2 cents worth ;)
Jackdaw
Player

Post by Jackdaw »

I think it didn't take long to realize the speed round was going to have constant changes. Maybe it should have been labeled as a week long chaos round.

Otherwise it was a good opportunity to try out a lot of things. When it became clear it was going to be ridiculously easy to max on everything I was hoping to see some higher levels of achievement, maybe something to consider for the future.

While I agree that it was a little frustrating to go to bed one night and wake up with most of my account sabbed away, I was able to make most of it back up late in the round.

If anything, management pushing the envelope on no limits should be an object lesson for everyone who ever complained they wished we could have more (fill in the blank). Hopefully this round helped figure out a better balance of everything for the next round.

Maybe just label the next speed round the mad max round.