What are your thoughts about the speedround?

Holy Crap!!! That was fast!!

Moderator: Moderator

Squishy
Forum Moderator
Alliance: FFLOP

Post by Squishy »

love it, hate it, dont care? feedback is the heart of making anything better so let the world know here just keep it constructive and on topic
BabyYoda_LoP
- Lords of Peril Knight at Arms & FFLOP BF Mod
- Triple OG for Trey Duece Gang
- KoC Social Platforms Moderator & HelpDesk
- Member of KoC Complaints Department

Jerbo
Player

Post by Jerbo »

I love it but I've decided to just go with the flow and not focus too much. It's fun while you're on but you can play 24/24 at this point hehe.

The new changes are great and a speedround is something we all needed! Can't wait for a calmer Era 3 tho 8-)
Screwy
Player

Post by Screwy »

Same as Swars...it gets boring quite fast. At least for me ;)
King_Caulk
Player

Post by King_Caulk »

I wish the soldiers were trained to begin with, killed me that I had to go to sleep not long after the speed era started because I lost so many soldiers in the night (doubly worse since I didn't think to use undead race for that night). I know it doesn't matter and all, but I still felt cheated out of some of the fun.
brandonito
Player

Era Winner

Post by brandonito »

I'm glad people are enjoying the speed round.

If these sab changes make it into a real age it's going to be unplayable.

Why does sabbing do literally everything now? It steals gold? Kills sentries? Gives experience while not costing turns? On top of destroying weapons which was arguably already too strong?

Sabbing is super easy to abuse with these changes in multiple ways ATM and is extremely overtuned.
King_Caulk
Player

Post by King_Caulk »

I loathe sabbing in proportion to how hard I've had to work to get soldiers to get the gold I painstakingly bank. Last era I clicked I ended up being sabbed in the last 5-6 weeks for an amount equal to the amount I had earned from all my clicking, the only reason I ended up with any gold to sell to my chain's main was because I also painstakingly spent turns to get decent gold hits. And I wasn't even in a war, it was just random solo players hitting me nearly daily with their close to zero soldier accounts with everything in spy tools (and when you do that its not hard to be able to sab a top 100 human player with the huge race bonus elves get).

So sitrep, I don't care much about the sabbing in the speed run. If we started a normal era with the same method (no clicking, set daily UP, start with a certain amount of soldiers), and we went several months, then I will probably feel very negative about sabbing. it should take a war level effort to nullify weeks or months of painstaking banking.
King_Caulk
Player

Post by King_Caulk »

Officially had some fun today, 2 hours just flew by and I got lucky enough to partake in several "bonus rounds" with huge tbg being dropped on the field.
Spent like 30k rounds in a jiffy, and I have max tech without going through the conquests again woop woop.

That "attack now" button on the recon result page is killing me though... It used to be a "choose mission" button... That will take me a lifetime to get used to.
Last edited by Squishy 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merging unneeded double post
bloodbad
Player

Post by bloodbad »

Love it, but this is exactly the reason why i quit riseoftyrants back in the day.
it became too addictive and it was a must for me to bank, took me too much time from work.
but love the concept and turned out well
ROLYAT
Player

Post by ROLYAT »

It reminds me of those pre-lobbies before a battle royale game like fortnite or blackout. Just a bunch of random stuff going on that has little to no meaning. I enjoyed it the 1st couple of days. But at this point it feels like the new era needs to start as everyone has max econ and tech and all the upgrades and sabbing means nothing as everyone's values doubles within a day.
giftig
Player

Post by giftig »

Loving:
- The fact that it has brought fun back into the game in spades.
- That the speed run has leveled the playing field for everyone as individuals.
- The option for everyone to upgrade to the max on everything - even the lone players like me who have never seen the maximum Technological Development in the past, let alone achieved it.
- The surprise Gold Rush feature - and the frenzy that goes with :)
- The fun of it all.

Not loving quite as much:
- Having to click to see the Current Tool Inventory for Covert - driving me nuts having to check to see how much of what I have already

Thinking if you can give us the option to see by default rather than hide by default, I would be happier - and if you could give the hide/display on the entire Inventory section .......... I'm not explaining this very well ....

Go to the User Info on the log in page - heading: Personnel, there is a '+' which when clicked shows what you have. When we click to open it, it stays open all the time. When we click '-' to hide it, it stays hidden.

If we could have a similar option on the Armoury page, that would be great because it would make the page shorter, yet we could also see what we want to see when we want to see it.

All in all, I've personally had a blast and enjoyed every moment. It's been a breath of fresh air. So often we forget that KoC is a game, and this speed round has reminded us all of the fact.

I know not everyone will agree with me, but I think a week is the perfect length of time, it gives players who cannot be online 24/7 a chance to have fun. The Gold Rushes consider all time zones which makes it fair for all.

A huge amount of thought, planning and coding of the Admin side went into this idea, so for that, a Big thank you all round. 8-)