Keeping players in the loop.

News and announcements from previous ages.

Moderator: Moderator

bon
Game Owner

Keeping players in the loop.

Post by bon »

MFnBonsai
Announcements from Admin, Moderators, Coders....

In this thread we will try and keep you all up to date on certain aspects of the game I’m regards to what is happening on Kings of Chaos....

Feel free to ask questions but current forum rules apply....

6th July 2018, 07:52 PM
Endtime

Well, i guess some, if not most of you have realised that bon has had some inside help with a few things. I ain't the smartest cookie in the bakery, but i do know my way around a few echo's and returns -.^

So i prepared this for some of you who keep saying nothing is actually being added to the game, but simply edited.

Hi guys,

I would just like to give everyone an inside fact about Kings of Chaos and the current condition the code is in. A lot of people have made complaints regarding how the *new admins* have not introduced new features but have simply edited current ones.

Well, let me tell you! For anyone with knowledge of language programming: You can't just copy paste and pray it works.. You have to understand the concept of the code and work out how it is calculated, displayed and returned. We have never experienced this type of code and are learning something completely outdated and barely used.

A lot of you think Kings of Chaos hasn't been updated since the beginning, it has been completely re-written in a combination of languages, processes and formulas. it uses php5.6 as the primary base but incorporates class functions with the framework. For those who don't quite understand, it's a combination that really is not necessary, the last re-write was back in late 2010 and just completely over-complicated the entire code..

The beta server has crashed, burned & died several thousand times. You can't just turn a switch on; it's a breaker system with several on and off buttons and is complex to a point of what the f...

We are listening to players and taking everything on board to keep this legacy alive - but some of the requests are simply quite difficult to do with the current code. We are also doing this out of our own expenses and time, we do not benefit from the game nor do we ask everyone to say thanks.

We are doing this to keep the community alive and fed with their KoC addiction.

To make it short for the people who don't care to read - Code sucks, really hard to adapt new features & needs a rewrite in php7.1+

Thanks guys for all your support and thanks Bon for keeping KoC alive!

ps; bon has asked me to assist him in this, so while i appreciate helping i would also like to make note that players don't message me and ask for changes to be made - I deal with the server side and the code side so my time really is limited.

I will be happy to answer any and all questions asked, i am on IRC and Discord.

For those of you wondering what my role is in KoC, it is simply to help bon and all and any aspects of the game,. Bon can clarify that if it really needs to be.

~ash

7th July 2018, 12:40 AM
MFnBonsai

KoC now has its own twitter.... thank you viv aka Steph for setting it up....

https://twitter.com/_KingsofChaos?s=09

check it out....

7th July 2018, 01:58 AM
source

Would it be possible to get another moderator on IRC for the time zones that the other moderators are not online?

7th July 2018, 03:46 AM
ThomasA

Quote:
Originally Posted by source View Post
Would it be possible to get another moderator on IRC for the time zones that the other moderators are not online?
We have recently added to them and as you were told on IRC
Quote:
we will monitor and adjust as needed
Will you please stop begging to be a moderator....
as you were also told on IRC
Quote:
we would need someone more suitable

9th July 2018, 07:03 PM
source

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasA View Post
Will you please stop begging to be a moderator....
as you were also told on IRC
I do not recall begging to be a moderator, pick whom ever you wish.

There is a gap that has still not been filled despite the fact that some of the IRC moderators have noticed it, I have made my suggestion and added it here as a record.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

9th July 2018, 09:37 PM
ThomasA

Quote:
Originally Posted by source View Post
I do not recall begging to be a moderator, pick whom ever you wish.

There is a gap that has still not been filled despite the fact that some of the IRC moderators have noticed it, I have made my suggestion and added it here as a record.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.
There are already several moderators from your timezone... If other moderators feel there is an issue they can talk to me... It is a discussion for Moderators, which you are not... The feedback I have been getting from other Moderators is that it is not active enough currently.

As you have been told several times now it is something we will monitor and adjust as necessary...

You keep bringing up that you want to be a moderator despite being told that you are not suitable. If you are not begging to be one, will you please stop bringing it up and trying to act like one.... That you have now confirmed your lack of interest, we will remove you from consideration completely...

Thank you for your concern. I have replied to you here as you have not taken my replies as sufficient on IRC. I trust this concludes the matter...

10th July 2018, 01:12 AM
MFnBonsai

If the game grows or more people start to use IRC rather than just idle there then there could be a reason to add more moderators.... at this time none are needed....

As I have seen on discord there are currently 85 members on KoCs discord so we have added a few moderators that are active and have more knowledge than I do....

All help on discord and other various platforms of social media is appreciated.... as time and the need for more happens so will adding more....