New owner announcement.

News and announcements from previous ages.

Moderator: Moderator

bon
Game Owner

New owner announcement.

Post by bon »

MFnBonsai
NEW ADMIN ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ....

Well I guess it’s about time to make this announcement....

The new owner of KoC is.... (insert drum roll here).... ME.... Yes I have purchased KoC.... please do not ask how much it was purchased for or what deal was made with aman as that is between myself and aman....

Due to the hacking aman realized that he no longer had any interest in owning/running/maintaining the game and no time to commit to KoC anymore.... i was told that he wanted to sell it and an offer was made and accepted....

Many players over the years wanted to purchase KoC and it was always turned down either via a return email or by no response at all.... it was his baby and although he didn’t do much he kept it going for the community....

The reason why I decided to make an offer to buy KoC wasn’t to make money from the game.... it was a way to preserve what aman, Ben, Rocco and nick created and keep it away from certain alliances being able to purchase it and gain an advantage over the rest of the game....

I stayed as a mod over the years without payment for doing so and the reason why is because of the community.... the game was dying, was not going anywhere but the community showed me not only how they cared for the game but also how they felt about me in my families time of need....

For that very reason I purchased KoC.... you can take that for what you will but my ultimate goal is to keep the game running for the players....

Now you ask why the secrecy regarding the new ownership.... well I wanted to bring a bit of hype and excitement that there are actually new admins and someone that will be there not only to make changes but to bring some chaos back into the game... I also did not want to be hounded with expectations that every suggestion/idea would be implemented.... ofcourse I kept posting threads to get ideas with the hope that a lot would be able to be implemented but realistically the way the game is coded it’s been hard to do so.... the code is ancient and major changes have been tested on a test server which didn’t take too well and broke the test game.... so that is a reason why so far nothing major has been changed....

During the next few ages the game will be rewritten which will give us a better way to implement ideas and suggestions that we have as well as your suggestions.... just because the threads have not been implemented into the game does not mean it won’t happen it will just take some time....

As for the issues that we have seen with the downtime that was mainly due to the transition of ownership from aman to myself.... domains and server were the initial cause and fixing the exploits.... the last was due to the dns changeover which could not be avoided although I was waiting for the downtime between ages but aman requested it be changed so it had to be done.... from now on we are hoping to iron out any further disruptions during the remainder of the beta....

I am sorry that I have not come forward as the new owner sooner but there are reasons for it and I was planning to announce it at the start of the new age.... but many have had an idea it was me and it’s about time I confirmed it.... so yes I own KoC and hope to overtime turn the decline around....

In regards to changes many have been wondering what direction we were heading.... and some were not happy the way it has gone.... but this is a beta and when can you test certain changes other than a beta as if any were done during a real age there would be even more uproar.... so some changes to formulas and gameplay mechs have taken place to which some will stay some won’t but rest assured that every age will bring changes unlike the last 10+ years of no changes....

Sorry as well for the long post but I have tried to post as much as I can while on my mobile....

Any questions I will be willing to answer but remember the forum rules still apply....

2nd July 2018, 03:02 AM
Kaya

woot congrats sweetcheeks a lot of us already suspected it cos u of all ppl have the games best interest at heart .......good luck with it all and what ur doing with help from others is great .......keep it up xxx

2nd July 2018, 03:35 AM
Brandonito

but Adminonito...:(

2nd July 2018, 03:46 AM
MadGeorge

... but I thought it was Aggie..?

2nd July 2018, 03:53 AM
Lady_Rowan

I had my suspicions .. since the game went sabbier and aimed away from alliances but was unaware of your coder skills

You have my thanks and appreciation for taking on such a hard task and trying to keep KoC going and growing

You said it yourself .. there is a community here and although most have a pov that suits them when it comes to game changes .. they know when someone is trying to make good

2nd July 2018, 09:22 AM
Night``

Thank you from Sunny``

2nd July 2018, 06:02 PM
xeros2.0

Congrats bon :)

Thanks for keeping this alive and trying to improve it for us.

2nd July 2018, 07:32 PM
_RoGuEsHaDoW_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Rowan View Post
I had my suspicions .. since the game went sabbier and aimed away from alliances but was unaware of your coder skills

You have my thanks and appreciation for taking on such a hard task and trying to keep KoC going and growing

You said it yourself .. there is a community here and although most have a pov that suits them when it comes to game changes .. they know when someone is trying to make good
He isn't coding the game which I clarified. And the reason I never gave it a thought to be him. Apparently ash is doing the updates to the game.

2nd July 2018, 07:51 PM
Endtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by _RoGuEsHaDoW_ View Post
He isn't coding the game which I clarified. And the reason I never gave it a thought to be him. Apparently ash is doing the updates to the game.

Blasphemy.

2nd July 2018, 09:30 PM
Night_Angel

This is good news for the KoC community! I can't wait for future ages and changes!

2nd July 2018, 11:41 PM
source

Given that the game will have to be re-written that has me curious of what quick "fixes" it has had put in place over the years

3rd July 2018, 12:00 AM
krieper

Nice move, bon.

My advice would be to surround yrself with some of the better coders this game is rich. I'm sure a lot will want to do stuff pro bono :-)

3rd July 2018, 04:35 AM
MadGeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by krieper View Post
Nice move, bon.

My advice would be to surround yrself with some of the better coders this game is rich. I'm sure a lot will want to do stuff pro bono :-)
The smartest admin wouldn't give access to the code to anyone that is heavily involved in the game.
If he needs help, his best way is to pass a snippet of the code to someone to troubleshoot - whether this be a function, etc that doesn't give away the structure of the game.

From what I gather though, he has what he needs and the best thing we can all do is keep thinking of ideas of how to improve things.

3rd July 2018, 02:36 PM
Screwdriver_LaCN

Oh wow what a surprise Bon :D You sneaky fella xD Now I guess BSS will be revived and will have ultra advantage :D :D (J/K of course lol)

Wish you good luck maintaining the game and spicing it up a bit with changes that might attract new players (I still believe those kind of games are dead but that's me, prove me wrong ;) )

3rd July 2018, 03:32 PM
MFnBonsai

While it would be nice to revive BSS it wouldn’t be fair having an admin playing.... although as a mod I always maintained an account to build up and randomly sell throughout the ages now being an owner it’s a bit different....

I will still have an account to mess around with but actively playing won’t be happening.... sorry to all those that loved stalking me for my gold....

4th July 2018, 12:21 AM
Wulfric

Thank you and All the best!

4th July 2018, 11:46 AM
Karina

I kinda suspected it was you, although I will admit to thinking you had a partner(s). I appreciate very much you being active and communicating with the community. Will be cool to see what changes happen and what direction you'll be taking the game.

Will you be looking for a new mod or new mods in general or do you already have them? If you are looking, a gentle suggestion - they be friendly and helpful. :)

4th July 2018, 12:31 PM
Kadji

Congratulations and thanks for all your efforts..Rest assure they are well appreciated.

Finally some signs of life :P

4th July 2018, 02:27 PM
MFnBonsai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karina View Post
Will you be looking for a new mod or new mods in general or do you already have them? If you are looking, a gentle suggestion - they be friendly and helpful. :)
I would prefer if this thread heads in the direction it started as.... an announcement of good things to come....

Atm the player base is not big enough to warrant more than the mods there are currently.... as time progresses and we see if we can get some life into the game ofcourse more mods would be appointed and then those will see what we have to deal with on a day to day basis.... the only issue with appointing mods over the years has been finding suitable moderators that will not be influenced by their association with current alliances.... unfortunately over the years I have had to remove a lot of moderators due to this which is why there are not more moderators currently....

Due to what moderators can see and do, players privacy is paramount over and above anything else....

I am also hoping to appoint mods on the forum at some stage as I feel that it could help with getting players onto the forum if there were active players showing an interest in using the forum.... first let me concentrate on cleaning it up and then forum mods will be looked at....

5th July 2018, 07:33 AM
ZAR

Had to log in to post this, gratz bon :)

I hope you got the Age 0 / 1 code as well - the pillageformula was the best in Age 1 and Orcs eating solders was a lot of fun ^^

6th July 2018, 06:34 AM
Wings

Awesome news, thanks for everything!