Sabbing someone Seems Impossible

Post KoC Questions Here

Moderator: Moderator

Plurp
Player

Sabbing someone Seems Impossible

Post by Plurp »

I guess I do not understand the sabbing mechanic. I have over 200mil spy and the person I was trying to sab for farming me has a sentry rating ov 2.5mil and I get caught every time. I have tried multiple amounts of spies, all for the only 1BPM at a time. Is it even worth the attempt anymore, I lost millions in nuchuks and still don't understand what I am missing?
MadGeorge
Game Moderator

Era Winner

Re: Sabbing someone Seems Impossible

Post by MadGeorge »

Unfortunately if the person you are trying to sab has a load of sentries, then there is a higher chance of your attempts being caught.
Someone could have 15,000 sentries but only holding 100 tools for example, which means thats still another 14,900 sentries your spies need to get past!
MadGeorge-SR
Sweet Brotherhood Leader

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails
—William Arthur Ward
bloodpirate
Player

Post by bloodpirate »

it is hard .. first step, make sure your spy is more than 1.3 percent of their sentry .. you did that

then make sure they have the item you are going to sab, do a recon and see what items they have to sab.

once you see they have the item you want to sab, sab them. if it says Your officers inform you that you will never be able to get away with sabotaging that much of an opponent's armory. you will have to decrease the amount you are trying to sab. most scripts tell you what the opponents aat (at a time) is .. that is the amount you can sab from that person. once you get a failed attempt .. keep trying with one spy. try maybe 30 times, then increase to 2 spies. you can have hundreds (unlimited?) attempts.
Plurp
Player

Post by Plurp »

MadGeorge wrote: 5 years ago Unfortunately if the person you are trying to sab has a load of sentries, then there is a higher chance of your attempts being caught.
Someone could have 15,000 sentries but only holding 100 tools for example, which means thats still another 14,900 sentries your spies need to get past!
This makes a lot of sense, now that someone said it to me! thank you!!!
supadupa
Player
Alliance: Rising Brotherhood

Post by supadupa »

All good advice above, to add my sabotaging advice would be:
  • Stick to using 1 Spy - the more spies you use, the more tools you have a chance in losing
  • Sabotage their strongest weapons/tools, no need to be greedy :-)
  • Use a script to calculate the AAT
  • Depending on your game-play style, try have an ample amount of spies
  • Keep a good variation of spy tools, so if you lose, you lose the smaller tools, not the big one's such as Nuns
  • Say a little sab prayer, cross fingers and hope for the best
RoGuEsHaDoW
Player

Post by RoGuEsHaDoW »

Roberta suggestes using 20 spies at a time so you have to waste less time 👊
bloodpirate
Player

Post by bloodpirate »

the greater your spy, the less spies you have to send.

the more sentries the person has (not tools) the longer it will take to sab.

most people can sab with one spy, but it might take 200 tries.