New Player Enlightenment

Post KoC Questions Here

Moderator: Moderator

dirtyrat
Player

Re: New Player Enlightenment

Post by dirtyrat »

I've noticed that there is around 19-20 single member alliances in this game. Why is that? Is there some sort of advantage to be gained even if your are the only one in it? Can somebody explain this situation?
Shower time? NEVER!!
The RMFz
Player

Post by The RMFz »

People don't want to join alliances, so they create their own one-man alliance. Also reduces recruit messages, just a bit.
dirtyrat
Player

Post by dirtyrat »

^^So there is no other gain from this one team option alliance thingy??
--
--
OK another question that is annoying me for some time. In another games (that I have played) there was also multi types of attack: war and raid. But in here it doesn't appear to work as I am used to. Example;
1. I tried war (for gold win) and I lost.
2. So then I tried, on same target, a raid - to soften that target up. But to my shock - I lost!
3. I just did another quick scan in games help guide but I don't see 'raid' listed.
Can somebody explain what RAID is in THIS game? Or is it something new and so doesn't work as of yet?
Shower time? NEVER!!
The RMFz
Player

Post by The RMFz »

Raid is an old feature of the game. You use raids with the intention to cause damage, and not to steal gold. During war, or even for giggles, raids are used to damage the opponent's DA (leading to high repair bill) or kill their soldiers. Since they cost you only 10 turns each, a set of 18 raids are very effective for the above purposes. However, raids do not give XP, so you should be careful.

Sometimes players also use raids to "check" for gold. If you cannot recon someone but want to see if you have gold, you can use 1 raid to check how much you steal. You can do some tests to figure out what % of gold a raid steals (by trying it on a target whose gold you can see), and then when you need to check someone for gold, you raid to get a rough idea of what the person may be holding. This is likely to get you sabotaged though, players do not take raids kindly outside of war.
dirtyrat
Player

Post by dirtyrat »

Why when I buy some armory items my military effectiveness rating doesn't then increase? I've noticed this on spying tools. Maybe they're such small boosts it takes a lot to show an increase? (I bought like 100 ropes and didn't see an increase, then bought some more - still no increase:(
I then looked at my number of spies and I have plenty to spread the tools around.
Shower time? NEVER!!
The RMFz
Player

Post by The RMFz »

Works for me.
Wiz
Discord Moderator

Post by Wiz »

dirtyrat wrote: 4 years ago Why when I buy some armory items my military effectiveness rating doesn't then increase? I've noticed this on spying tools. Maybe they're such small boosts it takes a lot to show an increase? (I bought like 100 ropes and didn't see an increase, then bought some more - still no increase:(
I then looked at my number of spies and I have plenty to spread the tools around.
You need to train the soldiers to hold the weapons.

Also try purchasing more weapons with higher strength value as well as upgrading your covert level in the training tab.
dirtyrat
Player

Post by dirtyrat »

Hey Wiz? It is showing on my battle screen that untrained troops are using weapons (or at least received them..).
---
OK next question - It appears to me that the race called elves are always the most popular race in this game (= the most played) - WHY is that? Any hard facts on this question?
Shower time? NEVER!!
bloodpirate
Player

Post by bloodpirate »

mostly the 40% Spy Bonus

the more you see the better you can get ahead .. and in war. obviously the best choice.
Wiz
Discord Moderator

Post by Wiz »

dirtyrat wrote: 4 years ago Hey Wiz? It is showing on my battle screen that untrained troops are using weapons (or at least received them..).
---
OK next question - It appears to me that the race called elves are always the most popular race in this game (= the most played) - WHY is that? Any hard facts on this question?
So in regards to this, your untrained soldiers will hold the weapons but they will be noobs so you won't get as much Strike/Defense rating.

So most people just train enough defense/spy/sentry to hold their weapons
then the rest go into attack soldiers
if you don't train your army you will lose more soldiers every time you battle