New Player Enlightenment

Post KoC Questions Here

Moderator: Moderator

bon
Game Owner

Re: New Player Enlightenment

Post by bon »

Untrained soldiers attack and defend, unless you have mercenaries your untrained die first regardless of if holding a weapon or not.
dirtyrat
Player

Post by dirtyrat »

1. Can troops use more than one weapon (or armor)? I would think yes - no problem. BUT what if it was something like - one troop who had 2 or more swords? I assumed it was one soldier who could have ONLY one of each type of w/a. But a very early successful spy report showed me a player who had a total of 12 troops but "tons" of dam/def + some strange defense gear unknown to me. Oh OK i now see had tons of mercs. But still - I see only ??? knives for weapons. So why the high damage so early (6 days in the game) in the game? Confusing.
--
2. Other games that I have played don't like players sharing details of their recons unless it is within their own alliance. So is there a (short) list of player conduct in here? I would only guess one - be true to your present alliance and don't cheat them by being a dirtyrat! (Don't look at me when I say that:D
---
3. If I wish to reset my username (next era) how do I do that? I don't think I've come across a 'delete your account' in here.
---
"edit" -Strange gear mention = I haven't played all the different races and only discover recently that each race appears to have their own specialized gear. (If you are a new player reading this then do not assume I am correct in this statement because I'm NOT sure...)
--
damn edit two: Looked again at spy report - 'untrained mercs' - 4. Do untrained mercs fight?
Shower time? NEVER!!
bloodpirate
Player

Post by bloodpirate »

each soldier can only hold one weapon .. it will be the most expensive one, not held already .. eg: you have 100 attack troops (real or mercs) .. you have 30 bpm, they will be held, you have 50 chariots, they will be held, you have 100 knives .. only 20 of them will be held.

yes, untrained mercs can fight as attack or defence, whichever is called for. if you attack, they will attack. if you are attacked, they will defend. just like untrained soldiers.

and yes, some races have differently named weapons. when you race change, the weapons do not change with you. they will become useless.
Squishy
Forum Moderator
Alliance: FFLOP

Post by Squishy »

when you say change your name are you reffering to ingame or on the forums if its ingame you either delete your account using the delete button found at the bottom of your commander center, you wait till next era as it allows you to change your name when reactivating account, or you ask bon really really nicely, he will normally change names the first bit of an era.

if you want to change your name on the forums just shoot me a message and let me know what you want it to be, once its changed you will need tp use the new name to sign in.
BabyYoda_LoP
- Lords of Peril Knight at Arms & FFLOP BF Mod
- Triple OG for Trey Duece Gang
- KoC Social Platforms Moderator & HelpDesk
- Member of KoC Complaints Department

dirtyrat
Player

Post by dirtyrat »

1. I am playing a orc that has a damage bonus and as of yet I have never switched races with a single era. Question: Does the damage shown in armory reflect the bonus? Or is that number just a base amount and the bonus is then added when I attack, etc? (And the answer I receive is for all the other race bonuses as well..?)
--
--
2. I thought I covered this other subject already but it appears not. I was given the impression that each kingdom has a separate attack and defense number. So when I attack another kingdom and it shows me the enemies attack damage as well then I thought the ONLY purpose of that was to calculate my losses to my troops and/or attack weapons.
2a. Today I attacked and bounced and once again I noticed that the attackers damage was higher than mine.
2b. I then looked at my attack logs - those who I attacked before - and discovered 3 bounces ( = I lost). In all those I had lost - the attackers damage was higher than mine.
3. So this makes no sense to me. It suggests to me that these defenders damage amount is actually their defense. Is this not true?
---
---
Now in another game I had played in the past this issue was quite complicated. To succeed in a attack the attackers damage not only had to be higher than the defenders defense but also the combined amounts had to be higher than the defenders. Plus if the attackers damage was near equal his own defense amount then the attacker damage rose even more. Ugh huh!!?
---
Interesting - on conquest page I just succeeded in attacking a npk even though "his" damage was higher than mine.
Shower time? NEVER!!
Wiz
Discord Moderator

Post by Wiz »

For your first question:

Yes that bonus shows up in your armory and is applied when you attack as well.

2nd question:

If you Attack a Player it's your Strike Action Over (/) the enemies Defense Action
If you Get Attacked by a Player it's their Strike Action Over (/) Your Own Defense Action
dirtyrat
Player

Post by dirtyrat »

OK I think I'm confused on this one - gaining soldiers.
Methods;
1. alliance and the unique recruit method isn't of interest to me yet. (If I join a alliance then I bet they could instruct me).
2. Conscription - this one automatically gains you a certain amount every 24 hrs. Is this correct?
3. Buy them through exp points.
4. Raise your morale by clicking recruit. 10 soldiers per click (or is it 2 soldiers per 5 morale?). But someone else has to click their morale which will eventually give me my new soldiers. So if I understand correctly a morale of 1000 will give me 1000 soldiers? (I'll have to try to retrace Bons forum message or etc.
--
So number 2 and 4 is messing with my head. I was thinking I could only gain a max of 200 soldiers per day due to my low conscription amount but I also had to click recruit to gain them. So these two things are totally separate. Is this correct??
---
****Another question - If we mess up by clicking the wrong number does the game then subtract from our total morale amount? I keep thinking that this is occurring but it could instead be someone else clicking their morale..?
---
'Edit' - And I am always getting confused when trying to locate the fortification and siege tech upgrades. I keep looking in the training page. Has it always been located on the armory page? I don't see the logic there.
Shower time? NEVER!!
Wiz
Discord Moderator

Post by Wiz »

You get conscription once per day.

You gain 10 morale = 10 soldiers per click.

There is no subtraction to morale for mistakes.

The only subtraction from morale converts to the addition of untrained soldiers.
dirtyrat
Player

Post by dirtyrat »

I go into attack LOG and it shows around 9 attacks on my kingdom in the last 24 hrs BUT when then I go into the attack PAGE and click my own kingdom name it shows zero attacks in the last 24 hrs.
Maybe the new info wasn't updated as of yet? But I clicked another kingdom and it showed he/she was hit.
---
Lies! All lies! Can someone explain this? HM maybe on attack page it vanishes after awhile?
Shower time? NEVER!!
Wiz
Discord Moderator

Post by Wiz »

It will show battles only between you and the enemies link you clicked on.

Nothing on your own page because you cant battle yourself.