Clicking feedback

Post KoC Questions Here

Moderator: Moderator

King_Caulk
Player

Clicking feedback

Post by King_Caulk »

Positives:
  • Can click one-handed now using the numpad so that I can have my coffee and do... Other stuff while clicking :P
  • No officer bonus means people who click without having their own clicking officers have a hope of being able to farm larger accounts. yay!
Cons:
  • I barely managed to go 100 clicks between errors on the old system (after like 2 eras of learning the "pictures"), now I can't go 20 without making a mistake.
  • Click the entire list twice...
I don't think I will be clicking this era. One time through the list was bearable before, would be even more bearable now with the numpad in theory if the images weren't so... obscure. I have a 46" screen 3 feet away for crying out loud, and can't tell some of them apart :!: Eventually I learned the 3 out of place dots on the C and O pictures in the old system, don't feel like learning another OCD skill.
Neophyte
Player

Clicking feedback

Post by Neophyte »

King_Caulk wrote: 5 years ago Positives:
  • Can click one-handed now using the numpad so that I can have my coffee and do... Other stuff while clicking :P
  • No officer bonus means people who click without having their own clicking officers have a hope of being able to farm larger accounts. yay!
Cons:
  • I barely managed to go 100 clicks between errors on the old system (after like 2 eras of learning the "pictures"), now I can't go 20 without making a mistake.
I don't think I will be clicking this era. One time through the list was bearable before, would be even more bearable now with the numpad in theory if the images weren't so... obscure. I have a 46" screen 3 feet away for crying out loud, and can't tell some of them apart :!: Eventually I learned the 3 out of place dots on the C and O pictures in the old system, don't feel like learning another OCD skill.
I think it might take a little time getting used to the new images, but I completely agree theres still alot of difficult ones. And the captchas are killing me, been doing 7-8 captchas in a row :|
A1 since Day 1..
.. for Rez and Wes. Never forgotten.
Spoiler
Show
[23:54] TheBigCheese-RB: if it were up to me we would've leveled your entire alliance already
Jackdaw
Player

Clicking feedback

Post by Jackdaw »

Worse for me as I don't have an separate number keypad on my laptop. Numbers are readable to me though.
King_Caulk
Player

Clicking feedback

Post by King_Caulk »

The laptop has an Fn numpad though doesn't it? The weak color numpad? just find the Fn lock function on your laptop.
King_Caulk
Player

Clicking feedback

Post by King_Caulk »

In what classroom on Earth is this a 5? Because that's what is accepted as correct.
Are these made by the same blokes who invented star constellations?

EDIT: 1 hour or so later I have clicked 640 times... Took 3 minutes to log in and go to this page to boot. If I click this era I'll start smoking again... The endless slow fade image captchas....
Last edited by King_Caulk 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Jackdaw
Player

Clicking feedback

Post by Jackdaw »

King_Caulk wrote: 5 years ago The laptop has an Fn numpad though doesn't it? The weak color numpad? just find the Fn lock function on your laptop.
There are some downloads I could do to turn my touchpad into a virtual keypad but I think it's fuzzy enough that I don't want to make too many mistakes. Better to just train my fingers to use the top row for numbers.
ReallyMe
Player

Clicking feedback

Post by ReallyMe »

King_Caulk wrote: 5 years ago Positives:
Cons:
Sharing the exact same sentiment...
Jerbo
Player

Clicking feedback

Post by Jerbo »

Whoever made the drawings should look for a new hooby :D .

In all seriousness it isn't doable...
supadupa
Player
Alliance: Rising Brotherhood

Clicking feedback

Post by supadupa »

Clicking the number captcha's is a welcomed change. Yes we need to get used to some of the numbers, was the same story with the letter recruiter. Just skip through the numbers you are unsure of. 0 == skip.

The only issue I have at the moment and not sure how many others experience this, but if you do make a mistake, it's a long process to get back on track. What happens is:
  1. Make mistake on captcha
  2. Go through endless images of clicking, even if they are correct!
  3. Finally complete series of captcha's at times after 5-6 minutes have passed.
  4. Click first number which is 100% correct, start step 3 all over again grr. For every error you make seems you have to do the correction twice.
I think the above is related to Google though, have been reading about many user complaints re: Recaptcha 2.

Question: Would Recaptcha 3 be considered instead ?
bloodpirate
Player

Clicking feedback

Post by bloodpirate »

we need a skip button, or is the spacebar still that? i usually just click the recon page again.

too many numbers look alike, 3,5,8,6,9 or 1,4,7, and some i have no clue what they might be.