KingsofChaos... The Safe!

No Place Like Home

Moderator: Moderator

MadGeorge
Game Moderator

Era Winner

Post by MadGeorge »

So many of you now know what this is referring to, and those that don't now have something to try and find in the game :-D

But the question is this, what are your thoughts about capping how much gold you can store?
What would be a reasonable amount that would
  • Encourage a player to use it for themselves and not an alliance
  • Prevent it being abused by cheaters
  • Make it a worthwhile source for saving for upgrades
Obviously there is the % taken away by the Bank of Bon so this needs to be considered.

Please are your thoughts on .. THE SAFE!!
MadGeorge-SR
Sweet Brotherhood Leader

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails
—William Arthur Ward
Screwy
Player

Post by Screwy »

Oh it has a limit? Didn't know I think I had most something around 300m or 350m but it's a great tool to save up for upgrades :)
Lidocainenb12
Player

Post by Lidocainenb12 »

Hey George. Long time listener, first time caller. To get right to the point, the safe is a nice addition, but why make me bust out the calculator to figure out it's worth. Why not just call it what it is, a 7% bonus, and have it bank that value instead of banking 10% with a future tax. As for a cap, I have no opinion yet on a number, but no matter what you make it, you're going to end up with these 100 person chains simply having an extra 100x(safe max) to sell to their main. I'm no coder but are there any prospects of having this thing buy directly into an upgrade or weapon(s) of your choice so at least you tax it (or double tax it under the current method) if it is to be sold to a main? Thanks for taking my call. I'll hang up and listen.
King_Caulk
Player

Post by King_Caulk »

I think if its somewhere slightly better than banking and selling the old-fashioned way, then its good balance-wise (slightly better since you don't have the tools if its in the safe). But I think it should only bank to safe in a set time period you set. Maybe you lose a higher percentage the longer that period is (So you lose it on input, not output). That way you could bank to safe at lets say 20% loss for 4 hours then at 35% loss for 16 hours. These percentages are not the percentage of TBG that go into the safe, FYI, its the amount of the safed percentage that is lost. So if the safe banks lets say for ease of argument, 10% of TBG, then you got 8% of tbg into the safe for 4 hours and then 6.5% of tbg into the safe for 16 hours.

If there is a limit it should definitely be more than a night's (8-10 hours) safing on the biggest account late in the era (Maybe it scales through the era manually so its always dependent on the income bracket of lets say the top 10%?).
Jackdaw
Player

Post by Jackdaw »

I like the safe so far, but I agree there should be either a cap or that you can only buy upgrades/weapons/tools.

If there is no cap then it lends itself to hoarding the whole era just to release it to boost a lead. Similar to the way people used to hoard by buying broken sticks when they couldn't be sabbed.

Also, while I know it is exciting to stumble across someone selling down to buy an upgrade and hitting for a lot of gold, it is really frustrating to sell down and then have your computer cycle slowly enough that you can't bank fast enough. Being able to buy upgrades/weapons/tools directly from the bank would eliminate this frustration. I wonder how many new players quit the first time they see all that work go up in smoke because they couldn't convert the gold fast enough.
Squishy
Forum Moderator
Alliance: FFLOP

Post by Squishy »

Mobeus-sr in discord wrote: So if indeed you do intend to keep the safe for the future I do have some ideas that have come to mind that you may or may not be interested in.

Having the ability to Deposit into the Safe and Withdraw in certain increments.
Being able to have interest on the Safe
Possibly using exp/gold/turns to upgrade said interest.
New unit/item set/stat:
New unit being Thief or something like that. Possibly able to break into safes or recon and break in.
Items obviously to build this unit
Cunning or something like that
Next unit/item set/stat:
Guard would be a defense and sentry for the safe if you will.
Same as above
Vigilance as a stat
BabyYoda_LoP
- Lords of Peril Knight at Arms & FFLOP BF Mod
- Triple OG for Trey Duece Gang
- KoC Social Platforms Moderator & HelpDesk
- Member of KoC Complaints Department

bloodpirate
Player

Post by bloodpirate »

once you have all your upgrades, the only thing you might want the gold for is train troops or buy weapons/tools. or give your commander/main. i would rather see the deposit of 7% vice 10% and loose 3%. lets not make the game too complicated. it is hard enough on us old people.
bloodpirate
Player

Post by bloodpirate »

it would be nice to be able to remove xxxxx gold from the safe instead of all of it. as just happened, i had to remove all it, got three upgrades before somemone hit me for the rest. if i could take just some gold, get upgrade, remove some gold, get another upgrade, etc. i would have not been hit. kind of like people with sell catchers, they will get you sooner or later.
supadupa
Player
Alliance: Rising Brotherhood

Post by supadupa »

Safe is perfect as is, 3billion gold cap, which is more than fair. I like that the KoC Tax has been removed which makes calculations easier. The changes have been well thought out for various reasons and don't see the need to make changes to the safe.
bon
Game Owner

Post by bon »

The SAFE is purely a bonus for players, any thoughts of being able to deposit into it yourselves takes it away from being a bonus given to players from the KoC Admins.

We might make additions to the SAFE in future eras but how it is now is how we envisioned it to be.

It might be possible that some of the following changes will happen in future eras:-

*Upgradable % levels in the SAFE.
*Upgrades gold removed from the SAFE without withdrawing (there will be a tax for this option).
*More to come.

Let me explain a bit more, initially when we discussed this feature we were going to implement only an upgrade option, all upgrades were listed on the SAFE page. Basically you were only allowed to use the gold for upgrades but had to use the withdraw button to do so, but since someone could attack you for the gold it was not right to make you have to use it for upgrades when they can do whatever with it. So that idea was scrapped.

We then looked at having the withdraw button removed and have it so that you could only click on an upgrade to upgrade when you had enough in your SAFE to do so. Issue with that is that sells are a part of the game, good or bad there is a certain level of excitement when you catch a sell and a pissed off feeling when you get hit. KoC has always had sells be a factor to a degree especially at the end of ages/eras and using the above method of using the SAFE would take that away.

By all means you can put forward ideas for the SAFE but keep in mind the above as how it is intended to be used