Era 10 Question

No Place Like Home

Moderator: Moderator

Gabzor89
Player

Era 10 Question

Post by Gabzor89 »

Hi, I played this game 10+ years ago as a teen and one of my buddies hit me up for a set.

My question is on how the percentage of gold stolen is calculated.

Under help, the following is stated:
Attack Mission - If you attack successfully, you will steal a portion of the enemy's available gold based on the damage you inflicted and the relative sizes of your armies. There is also a chance that you or your opponent will suffer casualties, based on army size and damage inflicted. The actual damages/repairs are shown on your armory page and not in the attack log. The casualties are listed with mercenaries and soldiers under "your losses" and any covert (spy or sentry) losses are shown in the "details" of the attack log.

Is there a formula to calculate this?

I'm a bit flummoxed as I keep stealing a relatively low percentage of gold when I attack (sometimes as low as 50%), while people are taking 90+% of my gold off me. In some of these cases I have a much better atk def ratio (my_atk:enemy_def) vs (enemy_atk:my_def). Must admit I have not looked closely at army size, and would like to know how that affects the gold stolen.

Thanks!
Burntorc
Player

Re: Era 10 Question

Post by Burntorc »

If you have a lower Army Size, you will steal 100% when you attack. If you have a higher Army Size you will get a random percentage between 55 - 100%.
Gabzor89
Player

Post by Gabzor89 »

Thank you very much! Could I also ask where this information is documented? I went through the help quite thoroughly but I didn't see it.
Burntorc
Player

Post by Burntorc »

Strangely, that part of the Help section is out of date.

The help section is really comprehensive, and the admins have done a great job of updating it. I would expect them to update section shortly.

Basically, it's widely known though amongst the long time players. Also, I forgot to mention. If you attack someone with mercs. If their non-merc portion of their army is smaller than your army size, you won't get 100%.
Gabzor89
Player

Post by Gabzor89 »

Got it! Thanks for the information. It has really made a big impact on my game.
bon
Game Owner

Post by bon »

Unfortunately we do not give out the formulas on how attacks work other than to say:

If your total fighting force is lower than your opponents you will steal 100%
If your total fighting force is higher you will steal between 60%-85%

The above was stated when it was changed on the news section of the main page. Help file we try our best to keep it current and it pretty much is but as stated formulas for attacking/sabbs/hostages we keep to ourselves ;). We have to keep something secret.