ERA 4 TO END IN APPROX 1 MONTH

Important news can be found here regarding the game

Moderator: Moderator

bloodpirate
Player

Re: ERA 4 TO END IN APPROX 1 MONTH

Post by bloodpirate »

maybe a few speed rounds in a row, to tweek stuff. that way no tweeking during real eras.
King_Caulk
Player

Post by King_Caulk »

chrisl7605 wrote: 4 years ago Turns arent "too op" because every account gets turns and can slay.
Its not that turns are "Overpowered", if everyone just agreed to slay half as much we'd get twice as much gold for our effort because the average time between slays would be twice as long. But if a bunch of fishermen are asked to coordinate between themselves how much they fish from a lake to have a nice effort/reward ratio every single year, then one of them works a few days more than the rest and catches more fish than the rest, so then the rest also do it because they'll have to catch less next year if this one guy catches more this year, and then they fish 24 hours a day until the lake is empty "because if I don't fish now there will be no fish left for me tomorrow". So this fisherman's paradox means everyone will slay the max amount at HUGE effort every day and everyone will burn out from this silly game forever.

I mean, I spent more time and effort on this stupid browser game in this era, than I did in all other games combined for the last THREE weeks. So I'm done with this era, I'm just going to hoard XP and then maybe I'll max tech towards the end and slay for rank.
Macmoney
Player

Post by Macmoney »

I think we should let it play out/ keep the changes...... in 3 months, we have no idea how the game play will be like with TFF's in the millions, current "xp abusers" wont have the techs and econs that others may have. Its a great age to really find a new way to play, and I dont think we can all safely judge the way the game is played after only one month (let alone 1 week).

everyone thats complaining about the new way to play is just too thick to think of new ways to build their accounts, or their chains and just being lazy. Just like some small accounts dont want to click they stay small..... so if you dont want to slay, then you can stay small too. Its a good change up

You can still use safes, and sell accounts to become unhittable atm, Safe upgrades will be massive for mains in the long run. Lots of options to set accounts up for future success. It may be tough right now, but so what..... having a rough age/ beginning for mains is pretty refreshing for an change, but in the long run, their still going to get massive TFF/ Safe/ XP advantages and will balance it self out especially when small accounts that keep trying to stay in slaying range of these mains have massive AAT's and no sentry.

For the most part, this age has started off as a really fun age. its not a speed round but it has the fast flow of one, and if you start the age late, you can actually enjoy yourself slaying rather then waiting a few weeks to let turns build up.

--------------------------------------
Possible changes-
Allow alliances to use their XP collectively- or trade into a alliance XP bank for boosts in SA, DA, Spy, Sentry, UP's, Safes, Sabbing %, and/ or Clicking, etc which can only be managed by the chain/ alliance manager.

Rather then only using gold to buy Upgrades, ability to use XP too.

Trading XP to beable to sab someone a 7th, 8th, 9th etc time.... possibly even do it to where you can 0 a account? say have the option on player X sab page, and each player is able to buy it, but after each person buys it, it goes up in cost. But gets reset after 24hrs of buying.

Im not a big fan of the first idea because there would already be a big advantage to those with many members and those with just a few.... but it would be a cool new concept. the last two imo are good idea's
xeros-rl
Player

Post by xeros-rl »

Personally, I like the way things are. It's something different to the same old playing styles age after age.
You are actually rewarded for being active. NO ONE is able to bank 24/7 and people are actually having to think and choose between numerous strategies. Best thing to happen to KoC in years! Well done lads
Sir_Smokesalot_DEMK
Player

Post by Sir_Smokesalot_DEMK »

I agree with xeros, great job on the new additions, thanks bon, and company!

I also like mac's idea of an alliance xp bank, would be a neat addition. (altho it may discourage solo players)

I also love the idea mac presented of using xp for extra sabs on an enemy :)
THEDutchman
Player

Post by THEDutchman »

I have no objections against tweaks during this age. I do think there are too many turns atm. Tweak it a little, and we can do a normal age. Curious where it goes.
King_Caulk
Player

Post by King_Caulk »

THEDutchman wrote: 4 years ago Curious where it goes.
The ones who slay this entire era and win, will be burnt out. The ones who slay this entire era and lose, will be burnt out. The ones who tried to bank at all, will be burnt out.

What I'd like is the feature to get a full refund on tech/econ/UP/etc whenever it turns out that a strategy is absolutely useless. Then I'd throw 60k worth of econ experience into tech or just slaying because after 4 days of 16hour banking sessions (mostly 4 minutes at a time), I am officially out of marbles to lose.

PS: I need to bank 11 000 turns to make a profit on my two most recent econ upgrades, compared to spending that on slays even if those slays only get 2M each. 11 000 turns is 7.63 days, 24 hours a day, with zero non-banked turns.
So basically there is only one strategy; Slay, then slay some more, then slay some more, get top xp/turn upgrade, and slay, and slay, and slay. Its the least diversified era in history in terms of viable strategies.
bloodpirate
Player

Post by bloodpirate »

you wasted exp on econ?
King_Caulk
Player

Post by King_Caulk »

bloodpirate wrote: 4 years ago you wasted exp on econ?
Yes, I figured "Hey, we can now store infinite turns as xp, so why would anyone bother slaying in the start when they can store the turns for later when slays are worth a lot more?".
Ogotai
Player

Post by Ogotai »

King_Caulk wrote: 4 years ago
bloodpirate wrote: 4 years ago you wasted exp on econ?
Yes, I figured "Hey, we can now store infinite turns as xp, so why would anyone bother slaying in the start when they can store the turns for later when slays are worth a lot more?".
😂Well how did that turn out for ya? 🤣😂 Getting attacked by everyone 18 times a day?

We all pretty much saw this was coming when chris was raping the bf on day 4 of the age and others followed his example afterwards (cant blame the guy for being smart though)