ERA 4 TO END IN APPROX 1 MONTH

Important news can be found here regarding the game

Moderator: Moderator

King_Caulk
Player

Re: ERA 4 TO END IN APPROX 1 MONTH

Post by King_Caulk »

giftig wrote: 4 years ago I don't agree with Ogotai (sorry Ogotai) that 75% are pleased/relieved it is ending so soon - a very small percentage of players post here - in this thread (and others) some are complaining because too much has changed, rather than embracing those changes, figuring out how to play the era under new rules.
Just see the top 100 SA, DA, spy and sentry. Only a couple dozen people have non-zero stats (anything under 100M-ish is just zero stats in terms of work to achieve it in this era). Only a couple dozen people have bothered with this era. Even fearlessOrc is afk in this "slaying era" because its just brainless HUGE effort with no finesse.

I'm super glad we end this era quickly. Now I just want to know how many xp each slay will cost in next era, and what xp/turn upgrade will be max. slays have to cost around 150xp and the maximum xp/turn has to be around 10-12xp/turn, otherwise its just clear that the amount of effort needed to play will be too time-consuming. To fine-tune the amount of slays per day we can always give more than 1 turn per minute, that will give a linear increase in slays.
bon
Game Owner

Post by bon »

Well yes we are ending this a bit sooner than expected, the exp per turn and the trade for turns was just too out of whack to keep this Era going for the usual 3-4 months.

I know some will be annoyed and some will rejoice, but overall the game i feel is going in the right direction albeit a slight tweak.

This will still be Era 4 and Era 5 will start once we finalize the tweaks that will be done after the Era has ended.

What will be changed? You will just have to wait and see, Era 5 will run its course of a 3-4 month Era, the changes we make will be final.
giftig
Player

Post by giftig »

Ummmmmmm ......

Era 4 will end in 12 months, 1 week, 5 hours, 16 minutes and 17 seconds Subject to change(just giving you a rough idea)

????

LOLLL
Orc
Player

Post by Orc »

about changes

pro
with the new upgrades , there are more choices to make , more strategies to chose

con
too many hits possible, almost unlimited

we went from 3 hits a day in the old ages , to 10, to 20 a day, now it s *almost* unlimited hits.
it s terrible - it s hack and slash with no brains, the only thing one needs is plenty of time.
as a result, the hits went from 60 minutes tbg to 30 minutes to 15 and now even 5-10 minutes steals.
I gave up the banking, who wants to play a game where it is needed to go every 5 minutes online if you want to compete?
every 5 minutes , every hour of the day , every day of the week.....
i have no confidence in the direction that the admins are going with respect to turns and the desired amount of hits per day :(
do they think the more attacks the better the game???

hint:
1 turn per minute is enough that gives 14-15 hits per day
and then you have the trade function: limite the turns, not by making them too expensive , but by making a limit of daily purchase; for instance one cannot trade more than 1000 turns every 24 hours, that would give an extra of 10 additional hits per day;.
Last edited by Orc 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
tatertot
Player

Post by tatertot »

16 hours left !!!
I told my boss that I have appendicitis and won't be in to work, Locked the kids in the basement with 47 grilled cheese sandwiches, a gallon of water and a bucket. Let the dog out then locked the door. Phone = off, coffee pot = on. Case of energy drinks within reach, 'Eye of the Tiger' song on endless repeat and adult diapers installed - endless turns here I come !!!!

Just kidding, maybe. Changes are good with the exception of the turn thingy - looking forward to next age. Why call it a 'safe' as soon as you hit withdrawal it's like throwing a pork chop to a school of piranha.
King_Caulk
Player

Post by King_Caulk »

I hear through the grapevine that there are rumors of 8xp/turn being max, with close to 150 xp/slay cost? And that the cost of xp/turn upgrades will be increased? Does this mean we'll slay several billion gold at the start to max xp/turn or does it just mean we'll slay a couple hundred million? It would be very dandy if we got to know the changes an hour or two before the server goes live so we can do some napkin-math on strategies (since selection of race is so important, wouldn't want to waste a full day of xp because you chose the wrong race).
bon
Game Owner

Post by bon »

Who has been feeding false rumors, it will be announced soon.
Dank
Donor

Era Winner

Post by Dank »

bon wrote: 4 years ago Who has been feeding false rumors, it will be announced soon.
INFO OR RIOT