Humans 30% Income Bonus
Dwarves 50% Defense Bonus
Elves 40% Spy Bonus
Orcs 35% Attack Bonus
Undead 50% Fewer Casulties

Upgrades, Clicking & Misc

Unit Production is now maxxed at 1,280.
New Siege & Fort Upgrades Added.
Clicking has been set to 2x Clicks and 2x Credits.
Morale should come in alot quicker.
Mercenaries will come in slower than previous ages.

Attacking

Raids now cost a total of 15 Attack Turns per raid.
Weapon damage has been reduced 20%.
Repair costs have been adjusted.
Gold stolen from raids reduced 20%.
Overall casualty rate has been reduced.
Sentry now has it's own casualty rate, this has been increased seperately from the Overall Reduction.

Sabotage & Recon

Sab turns have been completely removed.
Spy Ratio v Sentry Ratio has been reduced from 1.6 to 1.3.
Reduced the destroy probablity by 25% from sabotaging.
Increased spy losses on failed sabotages.
Max covert attempts per day reduced 50% - This was changed in age 23.5 Beta.
Previous recon stats are now logged on enemy player stats page and attack page.

1st September 2018, 01:15 PM
krieper

Only thing I wonder about is sentry. You only need 1/1.3 sentry spy ratio to sab? And you can get a 40% spy boost by going elves, but no way to boost sentry. RIP losing sabbers xD

1st September 2018, 01:25 PM
MFnBonsai

Some of the changes are subject to change....

1st September 2018, 01:53 PM
Darth

Quote:
Originally Posted by krieper View Post
Only thing I wonder about is sentry. You only need 1/1.3 sentry spy ratio to sab? And you can get a 40% spy boost by going elves, but no way to boost sentry. RIP losing sabbers xD
I'm reading that differently.

If it's 1:1.3 that means you can only sab people 1.3x your spy. So if I have 100B sentry, someone would need 76.92B to sab me. At 1:1.6, they'd need 62.5B and at the end of Beta with 1:2 you'd only need 50B. The chance acts almost like a 53.8% universal boost to sentry with respect to sabs (obviously not for recons/scanning).

Also the elf boost dropped a tad. So overall it's easier to lose sabbers everything else being equal.

1st September 2018, 03:05 PM
krieper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth View Post
I'm reading that differently.

If it's 1:1.3 that means you can only sab people 1.3x your spy. So if I have 100B sentry, someone would need 76.92B to sab me. At 1:1.6, they'd need 62.5B and at the end of Beta with 1:2 you'd only need 50B. The chance acts almost like a 53.8% universal boost to sentry with respect to sabs (obviously not for recons/scanning).

Also the elf boost dropped a tad. So overall it's easier to lose sabbers everything else being equal.
You're right, i should sleep more :p brainfreeze.

1st September 2018, 04:40 PM
Endtime

Covert Bonus reduced from 40% to 30%

1st September 2018, 06:38 PM
ReallyMe

Looking forward to trying out the new changes.

1st September 2018, 10:58 PM
vedkasse

Gold: 104
Last Attacked: never

LOL where did my gold go?

I had 5 million gold, pressed on the covert upgrade button and got "Not enough money for that operation" and all my gold was gone.

1st September 2018, 11:24 PM
vedkasse

Also, both admin inboxes ingame:

Error
Recepient's mailbox is full. Message was not sent.

1st September 2018, 11:24 PM
MrHARDCORE

I can see sentry on stats and ive never reconned them.

1st September 2018, 11:25 PM
RMFz-

It's been more than an hour since the age started, but I've got only 9 turns up till now:

Turns: 2,009

1st September 2018, 11:30 PM
vedkasse

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMFz- View Post
It's been more than an hour since the age started, but I've got only 9 turns up till now:

Turns: 2,009
Same. I looked and had 2,500 Gold and 2,021 turns or something, and then I refreshed and had 2,001 turns and 180 Gold. I haven't get a chance to buy anything, lol.

1st September 2018, 11:42 PM
MFnBonsai

Please contact us on either IRC, discord or whatsapp.... we are working on these issues....

2nd September 2018, 04:25 AM
bloodpirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFnBonsai View Post
Please contact us on either IRC, discord or whatsapp.... we are working on these issues....
what is the whatsapp link .. was it the one i was kicked from a few days ago??

2nd September 2018, 05:36 AM
MFnBonsai

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodpirate View Post
what is the whatsapp link .. was it the one i was kicked from a few days ago??
https://chat.whatsapp.com/1uLZ5cNofZv4LGvLvMhdNH

I removed the old chat due to the way the group chat was going. I then made a new one and invited players back into it.

2nd September 2018, 07:43 AM
Erebus

Is it possible to get a list of the upgrades for fort/siege and the strength and cost of each please?

2nd September 2018, 10:13 AM
MFnBonsai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erebus View Post
Is it possible to get a list of the upgrades for fort/siege and the strength and cost of each please?
Sorry its something players need to find out themselves....

2nd September 2018, 08:38 PM
ROTTENSOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by krieper View Post

With 100m spy you could sab up to 200m.
Now with the 1/1.3 ratio you would need 110m spy before going elves and being able to sab 200m sentry (200/1.3 = 153.85 153.85/1.4 = 109.89) Even without the sentry bonus sentry is more powerful.

Overall the races seem pretty balanced now, only the undead kinda suck. I already used my first race change lol

2nd September 2018, 08:40 PM
krieper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROTTENSOUL View Post
With 100m spy you could sab up to 200m.
Now with the 1/1.3 ratio you would need 110m spy before going elves and being able to sab 200m sentry (200/1.3 = 153.85 153.85/1.4 = 109.89) Even without the sentry bonus sentry is more powerful.

Overall the races seem pretty balanced now, only the undead kinda suck. I already used my first race change lol
Yep, i was wrong :-)

6th September 2018, 04:43 PM
king_archibald
1 Attachment(s)

Quote:
Start of Age Package
Unit Production is now maxxed at 1,280.
Is it intended that i can buy 1600 UP for 130,545,545 gold? since the max is 1280.
Is this a text bug or has this in the meantime been changed?

Let me know please before i waste my gold for less than expected.
See picture below.
Attachment 5682

6th September 2018, 09:13 PM
trip

max should be 12800. Most likely it is a typo

50 => 100 => 200 => 400 => 800 => 1600 => 3200 => 6400 => 12800

8th September 2018, 06:10 AM
RDX_Star

Can anyone confirm if the 1280 was a typo?

8th September 2018, 07:04 AM
Brandonito

I have 1600 UP - It's the last available unit production upgrade.

8th September 2018, 07:57 AM
king_archibald

yep.
1600 UP is the max now.

8th September 2018, 08:48 AM
Endtime

UP is 1,600 and will remain 1,600.

8th September 2018, 07:43 PM
RDX_Star

Thanks for clarifying endtime

8th September 2018, 07:58 PM
king_archibald

Game changes since people's communication is lacking:
There's an extra spy level now for 11,068,000 gold.

8th September 2018, 10:00 PM
Stes_The_Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_archibald View Post
its in the changelog if you read it

8th September 2018, 10:03 PM
Endtime

Quote:
You shouldn't be so quick on the communication, we are extremely transparent and we *Don't* have to be.

Open your eyes before judging.

8th September 2018, 11:10 PM
Lady_Rowan

So where do i find the change log now ?

Used to be on the home page somewhere in the changes noted .. but my eyes are not seeing very well today :icon_eh:

8th September 2018, 11:11 PM
king_archibald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endtime View Post
You shouldn't be so quick on the communication, we are extremely transparent and we *Don't* have to be.

Open your eyes before judging.
Apparently i should. I couldn't find the changelog since the homepage is actually structured now.

8th September 2018, 11:12 PM
king_archibald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Rowan View Post
So where do i find the change log now ?
On the homepage:

You may contact us at any of the below social media platforms. Please be aware response times may vary depending on your current timezone.

Forums Bug reports & chat!
Cyanide-X IRC our main hub of contact
Discord For text & voice chat
WhatsApp Join us here!
Change Log For current Era changes.

Please contact either bon or Endtime for any additional questions or reports.

bon - Game Owner & Administrator

Endtime - Coder

8th September 2018, 11:15 PM
Endtime

Quote:
Apparently i should. I couldn't find the changelog since the homepage is actually structured now.
Well i am glad you found it, it's hard to respond to players who seem to jump the *gun*.

11th September 2018, 10:03 AM
ThirtySeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homepage
The list below will show current changes to each section of the game. In Era 1 we expect no major gameplay changes.

Start of Age Package
Race Bonuses
Upgrades, Clicking & Misc
Attacking
Sabotage & Recon
Changes have been made in literally all 5 so far:
No more 5m starting gold,
Number of bonuses changed from 2 to 1 per race,
A new spy upgrade was added halfway,
Attack turns count was off at first,
Unlimited commander changes for a week,

Now don't get me wrong, it's good that stuff is changing and happening, and definitely appreciate all the hard work from you guys.

My criticism is relatively simple though: didn't we just have a half year of beta to correctly implement these changes? I was not expecting any major changes, so I adapted my tactics to the description of the situation. I am not really that salty about the 5m starting gold removal, but for me that one in particular was a major change. The additional covert level for me (#1 spy at the time) was a pretty big deal as well. I would not even have noticed if someone didn't tell me.

If stuff is not critically broken in a 'real' era, I suggest leaving it and let players work with the new reality (even if different than planned on beforehand). Now it feels like we're actually playing a second beta round.

11th September 2018, 12:11 PM
MFnBonsai

The starting gold was removed due to a bug not removing the gold when players did not spend it. We could not continue to let certain players gain an advantage so it was removed.

Race bonus changes were changed at the start of the age in the break between the age end and restart. I did state that what was in the beta was not all going to go into the first Era.

Same with your last 2 points. The changes were tested on the test server before the game started and unfortunately some changes didn’t work as they should. With ash having work commitments all changes/bugs were fixed when it was possible and when we were told about them.

The Era 1 code has been archived and saved and we are now working on Era 2. No more changes will be made to Era 1 unless absolutely needed (clicking still needs a tweak).

I also did state that bugs/changes would be fixed when needed. Sure we would have liked a perfect start but things happen. Atleast we are able to fix them now.

The new spy upgrade was also implemented in the downtime for some reason it didn’t function as it should so it was fixed because it was a bug.

11th September 2018, 06:26 PM
Endtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtySeven View Post
Changes have been made in literally all 5 so far:
No more 5m starting gold,
Number of bonuses changed from 2 to 1 per race,
A new spy upgrade was added halfway,
Attack turns count was off at first,
Unlimited commander changes for a week,

Now don't get me wrong, it's good that stuff is changing and happening, and definitely appreciate all the hard work from you guys.

My criticism is relatively simple though: didn't we just have a half year of beta to correctly implement these changes? I was not expecting any major changes, so I adapted my tactics to the description of the situation. I am not really that salty about the 5m starting gold removal, but for me that one in particular was a major change. The additional covert level for me (#1 spy at the time) was a pretty big deal as well. I would not even have noticed if someone didn't tell me.

If stuff is not critically broken in a 'real' era, I suggest leaving it and let players work with the new reality (even if different than planned on beforehand). Now it feels like we're actually playing a second beta round.
I would also suggest getting 100% facts as well please, any of those can be countered perfectly legit;

No more 5m starting gold - Removed due to a glitch - glitch fixed (check)
Number of bonuses changed from 2 to 1 per race - Please be aware of prior updates before Era starts, this was posted 12 hours before the new Era....
A new spy upgrade was added halfway - There was always meant to be 16 levels and 1 week into a 3 month age is not half way. - glitch fixed (check)
Attack turns count was off at first - Another glitch - glitch fixed (check)
Unlimited commander changes for a week - Another glitch. - glitch fixed (check)

-- 4 Glitches fixed in a span of 5 days. Normally these *never* get fixed.

Next time, we will leave it full of glitches and bugs for everyone to abuse willingly. We are sorry you feel that way but also suggest you take more notice. Most complaints/feedback we have received is 70% due to players not realising where changes are posted or prior updates are listed.

We have GUA; Current
Changelog; https://www.kingsofchaos.com/changelog.php (also posted on main page)
IRC, Discord & Whatsapp; Always updates are posted.

We are extremely transparent.

Nothing else *will* change during this Era *unless it is a bug, glitch or a fault in the code that needs to be rectified*.

15th September 2018, 02:49 AM
Fernando

Are we trapped into a never ending Beta Age loop or whats the reason we are being noobs and getting clicking changed midthrough?

15th September 2018, 03:07 AM
Lancelotnl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
Are we trapped into a never ending Beta Age loop or whats the reason we are being noobs and getting clicking changed midthrough?
It has been explained by the mods already. Look the posts above.

15th September 2018, 03:38 AM
Fernando

I know the reasoning for changing the clicking, since this is not a Beta and it wasn't a bug/exploit it shouldn't have been done until next Era

15th September 2018, 03:43 AM
bloodpirate

Quote:
I know the reasoning for changing the clicking, since this is not a Beta and it wasn't a bug/exploit it shouldn't have been done until next Era
http://www.giveupalready.com/showthr...Fixed-this-Era

15th September 2018, 11:50 AM
MFnBonsai

Quote:
It was a bug, every age there is always an issue with the recruiter/clicking. This era it was meant to be 2x and it was bugged and needed fixing. Mind you if we had to wait for previous admins to fix the issue it would have taken a while or even not fixed at all.

Also we are not midway through this era, we are less than 2 weeks into it so it was a bug that we actually had time to fix and make right.

17th September 2018, 01:20 AM
kaoz

I really like the low Unit Production and shocked no ranker yet complained (likely because we're too early in the age/era and no wars yet), as a noob raider I needed 5K at least to sustain in wars and that's not going to happen even when you Max click daily.

Great stuff and I cannot wait for a good war to test this but there will be tears for sure I guess. =)

28th October 2018, 07:49 PM
djac

I really loooove how the "recon again" button after a failed recon is on the exact same spot as the "Raid" button is when you hit the 25 a day limit. So there you are hitting recon a few times in a row (and failing to get a successful recon) and then suddenly you hit the daily limit and you raid the player...

28th October 2018, 09:53 PM
MFnBonsai

Quote:
Originally Posted by djac View Post
I really loooove how the "recon again" button after a failed recon is on the exact same spot as the "Raid" button is when you hit the 25 a day limit. So there you are hitting recon a few times in a row (and failing to get a successful recon) and then suddenly you hit the daily limit and you raid the player...
True chaos....

29th October 2018, 03:21 AM
Screwdriver_LaCN

Bon wants to trick us into sabbing each other because of some failed coding of the buttons lolol :D

29th October 2018, 04:33 AM
MFnBonsai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriver_LaCN View Post
Bon wants to trick us into sabbing each other because of some failed coding of the buttons lolol :D
You assume its failed coding. Did you ever think it was intentional. Why should everything be perfect when its all about chaos.

29th October 2018, 05:41 AM
bloodpirate

Quote:
You assume its failed coding. Did you ever think it was intentional. Why should everything be perfect when its all about chaos.
great idea. have the buttons do stuff that is not what they say .. eg: the raid button actually does a recon, the attack button actually does a raid. the recon button does a sab, etc. then change them for tomorrow. the send one spy, actually sends 25. the send a message button will delete your account. great chaos.

29th October 2018, 08:33 PM
slayer69

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoz View Post
I really like the low Unit Production and shocked no ranker yet complained (likely because we're too early in the age/era and no wars yet), as a noob raider I needed 5K at least to sustain in wars and that's not going to happen even when you Max click daily.

Great stuff and I cannot wait for a good war to test this but there will be tears for sure I guess. =)
This is was great to see, back in age 4/5 bigs would have their 10kup and raiding wouldnt do much, would like to make even less mercs

29th October 2018, 09:21 PM
MFnBonsai

Quote:
great idea. have the buttons do stuff that is not what they say .. eg: the raid button actually does a recon, the attack button actually does a raid. the recon button does a sab, etc. then change them for tomorrow. the send one spy, actually sends 25. the send a message button will delete your account. great chaos.
Sounds like you are onto something bp

30th October 2018, 04:15 AM
Nights_Judgement

I mentioned this in the Public Recruiters forum, but I think it was the wrong place. (Sorry about that!)

Just came back after (10....15 years?!) break from the game after having a dream about Kings of Chaos (I'm not kidding) and pleasantly surprised to see part of the community going strong. And no less, my favourite sab-meistro Bon has now taken over the game and wants to usher it into a glorious new era (or at least keep it alive and kicking for the wonderful community...truly..I'm delighted and actually happy about playing again hearing this news).

However, who's bright idea was it to replace the recruiter icons with LETTERS?! Like...who do I have to beg to in order to get this changed. I used to find clicking so therapeutic and now it just drives me insane. Particularly since the C and O and N and H look so similar. I spend like 10 times as much time 'clicking' as I do selecting pictures of fire hydrants. Can we please change it back to the numbers as it was before? If I understand correctly, there is no longer an infinite clicking environment and instead you just click through the list twice and you're done. Given this change in click culture, can we also revert back to the numbers...please....for this old timer? ;_;

30th October 2018, 10:10 PM
LordCounter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nights_Judgement View Post
I mentioned this in the Public Recruiters forum, but I think it was the wrong place. (Sorry about that!)

Just came back after (10....15 years?!) break from the game after having a dream about Kings of Chaos (I'm not kidding) and pleasantly surprised to see part of the community going strong. And no less, my favourite sab-meistro Bon has now taken over the game and wants to usher it into a glorious new era (or at least keep it alive and kicking for the wonderful community...truly..I'm delighted and actually happy about playing again hearing this news).

However, who's bright idea was it to replace the recruiter icons with LETTERS?! Like...who do I have to beg to in order to get this changed. I used to find clicking so therapeutic and now it just drives me insane. Particularly since the C and O and N and H look so similar. I spend like 10 times as much time 'clicking' as I do selecting pictures of fire hydrants. Can we please change it back to the numbers as it was before? If I understand correctly, there is no longer an infinite clicking environment and instead you just click through the list twice and you're done. Given this change in click culture, can we also revert back to the numbers...please....for this old timer? ;_;
:o i once had a dream about the Arab version of koc. We totally pwnd them. Welcome back!

and in the meanwhile there have been quite a lot of autoclickers, so i think going back to numbers isn't an option.

31st October 2018, 09:45 AM
Nights_Judgement

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordCounter View Post
:o i once had a dream about the Arab version of koc. We totally pwnd them. Welcome back!

and in the meanwhile there have been quite a lot of autoclickers, so i think going back to numbers isn't an option.
Can we at least have N, H, O and C removed and replaced with F, L and X? ^_^;

I think a few morons using auto clickers for a few thousand links is probably worth the comfort for the masses playing fair. I just want my therapeutic click-sessions back please :<3:

31st October 2018, 12:03 PM
bloodpirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nights_Judgement View Post
Can we at least have N, H, O and C removed and replaced with F, L and X? ^_^;

I think a few morons using auto clickers for a few thousand links is probably worth the comfort for the masses playing fair. I just want my therapeutic click-sessions back please :<3:
can't do that .. then it wouldn't say KINGCHAOS

1st November 2018, 10:24 AM
Nights_Judgement

Quote:
can't do that .. then it wouldn't say KINGCHAOS
Spoken like someone who has given up this fight for the clicker to be changed.

No matter, I shall fight for clicking justice! I hear we have new owners now and that any of our dreams are possible.

Bon, I beg of you, lets find a better captcha set for clicking (preferrably back to numbers :D)